Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #1

Default 2011 Shadow Cruiser 185FBR-LEMON

We just purchased our first trailer this year, and it has been nothing but problems. Every time we take it out camping we come across another long list of things that are either broken, cracked, leaking, not working etc.

Obviously, the Shadow cruiser Light model is not made very soundly because it has to remain light to tow, but seriously, this thing is no better than a cardboard box on wheels. We're packing up tonight to head out for the week, we put the table back up and the main folding support bar breaks! So now we'll be out for the entire trip with no table to use.

We're absolutely fed up with this thing, we've already taken it in 4 times for repairs (pretty much every time we come home) and will have to do so again this time. Does this sound like anyone else's experience or did we just buy the biggest dud of the batch? We think we'll have to sell it after this season (after all of 2 months use) because frankly we're afraid to have this thing on our hands once the warranty is up!

Someone please give me some advice on their Shadow Cruiser experience!!!!!!!

RLAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #2

Default Re: 2011 Shadow Cruiser 185FBR-LEMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAL
We just purchased our first trailer this year, and it has been nothing but problems. Every time we take it out camping we come across another long list of things that are either broken, cracked, leaking, not working etc.

Obviously, the Shadow cruiser Light model is not made very soundly because it has to remain light to tow, but seriously, this thing is no better than a cardboard box on wheels. We're packing up tonight to head out for the week, we put the table back up and the main folding support bar breaks! So now we'll be out for the entire trip with no table to use.

We're absolutely fed up with this thing, we've already taken it in 4 times for repairs (pretty much every time we come home) and will have to do so again this time. Does this sound like anyone else's experience or did we just buy the biggest dud of the batch? We think we'll have to sell it after this season (after all of 2 months use) because frankly we're afraid to have this thing on our hands once the warranty is up!

Someone please give me some advice on their Shadow Cruiser experience!!!!!!!
You asked if this sounds like anyone else has problems with these JUNK Campers and the ANSWER IS YES , and as for some advice that you asked for , ! GET-RID-OF-IT! becouse when the nightmares start they don't stop , My Camper is less then 2 months old and were done with it JUNK JUNK JUNK

Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #3

What sort of problems has everyone been having with theirs?

In preparation to sell this thing, we went out today to see what else we could buy, and it appears that all light-weight new trailers seem to be built this same way- cheap. Alot of other brands has sealing issues around the shower, the cabinets are cheap, the latches are too tight to even yank open, wood looking 'tape' is used in excess to make it look like it's wood edging. We're really stuck wondering if this is all just a Cruiser RV issue or a New light weight trailer epidemic? Beyond frustrating when you spend so much on something you want to last for many years to come.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
M&M

Default lemon?

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems. We had plenty of things to correct when we bought our FunFinder. However, it now seems pretty good and we haven't had many new things come up since the initial corrections were made. I don't think the build quality on some of these trailers is the best, but I suspect most brands will have also "bugs" at first. You may have a lemon but it is also possible it will be OK after the "bugs" are out.

M&M
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

M&M- do you mind if I ask what all needed to be repaired? We're just feeling like our list is excessive. I'd be really curious to hear what sort of manufacturer issues are normal with the purchase of a new trailer. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #6

RLAL Read my post on crap trailers. We got ours in Feb of this year and had all kinds of problems with it. Cruser rv makes junk. Yon might want to have a good look around this site. Their are a few that say they have no problems but they are far and few between. All we can do is fix if up or sell it at a huge loss. Salty PS You might want to check out some of Megsbusa Posts.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:

In preparation to sell this thing, we went out today to see what else we could buy, and it appears that all light-weight new trailers seem to be built this same way- cheap. Alot of other brands has sealing issues around the shower, the cabinets are cheap, the latches are too tight to even yank open, wood looking 'tape' is used in excess to make it look like it's wood edging. We're really stuck wondering if this is all just a Cruiser RV issue or a New light weight trailer epidemic? Beyond frustrating when you spend so much on something you want to last for many years to come.
My Wife & I have been shoping for a other Camper , This time Im doing my home work , So for this is what we found out , the Campers to look into that seem to be good for the money & quality LANCE is a prety good Camper & has the best made frame , Look under the Camper at the Frame ,( Nice) & I love the way they inclose there tanks ,In side fit & Finish is prety good but I don,t like there trim work around the table but they do screw all cabinets to the wall frame , you can hang off of them , HARTLAND EDGE This seems to be a good Camper , Were still looking into it so for pretty good , SKYLINE So for its #1 with us good fit & finish good price well made and the (BEST BACKED CAMPERS IN THE BUSINESS) that I can see , NOW ill tell you what to look for , Its real easy ,This is what I found out so far , Look under a Camper if the Tanks or exposed with no kind of cover WALK AWAY FROM IT #2 Open up the cabinets were water & ELC lines come for under the Camper like under the sink or were ever , If the lines or not covered when you open the door , More or Less its the first thing you see when you open the door then WALK AWAY FROM IT , So for these are the easiest things to see , and ask people that own them or use to , I have to say, now that I look back that the Laton made by SKYLINE that we traded in was one of the best Campers for the money that you can buy, We only had 1 small problem with it , and my Wife & I loved going Camping in it .
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabusa
Quote:

My Wife & I have been shoping for a other Camper , This time Im doing my home work , So for this is what we found out , the Campers to look into that seem to be good for the money & quality LANCE is a prety good Camper & has the best made frame , Look under the Camper at the Frame ,( Nice) & I love the way they inclose there tanks ,In side fit & Finish is prety good but I don,t like there trim work around the table but they do screw all cabinets to the wall frame , you can hang off of them , HARTLAND EDGE This seems to be a good Camper , Were still looking into it so for pretty good , SKYLINE So for its #1 with us good fit & finish good price well made and the (BEST BACKED CAMPERS IN THE BUSINESS) that I can see , NOW ill tell you what to look for , Its real easy ,This is what I found out so far , Look under a Camper if the Tanks or exposed with no kind of cover WALK AWAY FROM IT #2 Open up the cabinets were water & ELC lines come for under the Camper like under the sink or were ever , If the lines or not covered when you open the door , More or Less its the first thing you see when you open the door then WALK AWAY FROM IT , So for these are the easiest things to see , and ask people that own them or use to , I have to say, now that I look back that the Laton made by SKYLINE that we traded in was one of the best Campers for the money that you can buy, We only had 1 small problem with it , and my Wife & I loved going Camping in it .You want to look at one of the best Campers for the money , Then look at the KOALA made by SKYLINE , Look at the FIT & FINISH and look at the stuff I said ,Then go back and compare it to your Cruiser RV and you will be threwing rocks at your Cruiser RV and I think apples for apples the Koala might be a little less money ? O-BY-THE-WAY if you bring your Wife with ya when you go to look at the KOALA make shore to bring your check book , She is not going to let you leave with out it
Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts
RLAL Read my post on crap trailers. We got ours in Feb of this year and had all kinds of problems with it. Cruser rv makes junk. Yon might want to have a good look around this site. Their are a few that say they have no problems but they are far and few between. All we can do is fix if up or sell it at a huge loss. Salty PS You might want to check out some of Megsbusa Posts.
Salty is right look at all my POST but look at all POST from everbody , It seems like most everything NEW that Cruiser is making is JUNK but allso look at other Forums to & yes I know that most people are going talk about mostly problems thats what I hear , But I don,t see as much of that as I do here , Im sorry to say but I think that Cruiser RV is not a good Company to buy RV's from , and its not becouse they don't back there Campers and stuff , Its becouse they sell very low quality stuff at a high price knowing that a lot of money is going towards warranty things , They perfor to build them quick and make there money and worry about the rest latter , and if you think about it thats what got the US automakers in there first jam , I wish I can say all I buy is made in the USA stuff ,But I can't , Some US companys like CRUISER needs to look at things a lot different becouse if South Korea starts making RVs and shiping over seas to the US theres going to be a lot more people out of work and thats what upsets me more then anything
Old 08-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #10

We're really stuck wondering if this is all just a Cruiser RV issue or a New light weight trailer epidemic? Beyond frustrating when you spend so much on something you want to last for many years to come..
Movies Online
download movies
download animation
jophly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #11

Default Lemons and quality issues

Boy, I'm really nervous now about picking up our new FF214WSD! I'm wondering of all the relatively good stuff we'd seen about Cruiser RV, and our friends really good experience with their Shadow Cruiser are not representative! Guess I'll let you know..... at least this dealer/service shop is just 2 miles from the house!! Think we'll set a sprinkler on the roof for a couple days to locate the leaks and try all the electricals ... before we leave on the 2 week maiden voyage end of next month!

On the comments re: quality control and poor craftsmanship, in TTs, I can tell you that we had some really frustrating issues with our Trailmanor, some simple QC and not so simple workmanship (i.e. cabinet cleat screw through waterline ..). Over all a good trailer, but since we bought it as a 2 mo old trade in, we were not privy to the 'new' warrantee and I purchased the CSP plan through Good Sam... dang good thing for the water line! Had it worked on by a large local RV dealership (closest Trailmanor dealer was like 350 miles out) who handles every kind and level of TT and coach. The service manager said in the last 5-6 years they have seen the gamut of poor QC and workmanship in ALL RVs, form $10K popups to 500K+ coaches. As Megabusa said, it is a general issue of "Made in the USA", unfortunately. No one (rather very few) here performs their work with the pride of a quality product. Its all make the buck and move on.
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Site Team

You'll be much better off if you insist on a full walk through before towing it off the lot. Get there early enough that the dealer has time to go through it with you in detail. You don't want to show up 30 minutes before they close and rush through it. Have the dealer go through every system, water, propane, heat, AC, stove, fridge, awning, TV, stereo, slide-out etc. and walk you through how it operates. And actually run each one. Check that all the lights work, the windows open and close properly. Make a checklist ahead of time so you don't forget something. You've had a trailer before so you should have a pretty good idea where to look for problem spots and things to check.

Leaks are a bit harder to see just by looking, but you can at least check seams and around windows and light fixtures for gaps in the caulking or missed spots. Ask the dealer if they checked it for leaks and note what they say. If they didn't and you have a problem later you have it documented.

Make a note of anything that isn't right and make sure the dealer has it too. If the list is long enough or a problem is serious enough consider not taking until it's fixed to your satisfaction.

Once everything does check out, have the dealer ride with you and tow it around the block a few times while you get your brake controller dialed in. Make sure the brakes are functioning properly and it tows as it should.

For what it's worth, this is what my dealer typically does with every trailer he sells. When I arrived for my walkthrough it was hooked up to power and water and the AC was running as it was 105 out that day. He also had a checklist that he worked off of so he wouldn't forget something. So I had a chance to satisfy myself that everything worked as it should. I've had very good luck with my trailer and couldn't be happier with it.

Good luck!
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #13

We have a 2010 195wbs shadow cruiser that we bought used just a month ago, the former owner took it on a 1200km trip and there was no problems at all he said
we used it just last weekend on our first trip and so far so good, the only thing I didn't like is that the black and grey tanks didn't drain well.and I look under neath and the tanks are bulged , so I will have to fix that I guess.

we looked at many lightweight trailers and a lot of them are build very cheap and flimsy specially the trail cruisers, and trail bay's.

Also it is not just FF and SC with problems , I'm also on another forum and everyday I see people with problem trailers and shotty workman ship,
it could be a Jayco, Forest River or heart land product, unfortunatly they all have their problems.
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
You'll be much better off if you insist on a full walk through before towing it off the lot. Get there early enough that the dealer has time to go through it with you in detail. You don't want to show up 30 minutes before they close and rush through it. Have the dealer go through every system, water, propane, heat, AC, stove, fridge, awning, TV, stereo, slide-out etc. and walk you through how it operates. And actually run each one. Check that all the lights work, the windows open and close properly. Make a checklist ahead of time so you don't forget something. You've had a trailer before so you should have a pretty good idea where to look for problem spots and things to check.

Leaks are a bit harder to see just by looking, but you can at least check seams and around windows and light fixtures for gaps in the caulking or missed spots. Ask the dealer if they checked it for leaks and note what they say. If they didn't and you have a problem later you have it documented.

Make a note of anything that isn't right and make sure the dealer has it too. If the list is long enough or a problem is serious enough consider not taking until it's fixed to your satisfaction.

Once everything does check out, have the dealer ride with you and tow it around the block a few times while you get your brake controller dialed in. Make sure the brakes are functioning properly and it tows as it should.

For what it's worth, this is what my dealer typically does with every trailer he sells. When I arrived for my walkthrough it was hooked up to power and water and the AC was running as it was 105 out that day. He also had a checklist that he worked off of so he wouldn't forget something. So I had a chance to satisfy myself that everything worked as it should. I've had very good luck with my trailer and couldn't be happier with it.

Good luck!
Along with what Jeepcruiser says about other manufacturers. It is a common ailment with all makers of travel trailers. We've brought it on ourselves by demanding more for less than what it costs to make these things. We don't bat an eyelash anylonger about spending more for a car than my house cost me, but, comnplain loudly about the cost of a rolling house.

Make sure it is to your liking before you hook up and tow it off the lot. The dealers love the folks that drive in, pay their money, and drive off without a walk-through or PID. Make your downpayment, but, don't pay for the balance until you are satisfied. The dealer will want his money and will do his best to get it.

All that being said, I've had only one issue with my 2008...loose "P" traps, but, I fixed them myself; permanently and with no damage done. Last year (after a boatload of miles) I sprung a leak around the front window. Not a manufacturer's problem, just worn out caulking that I should have caught on my annual "inspection". Normal wear and tear. I just picked up a nail in one of my tires...I could get on the "Chinese tires" rant, but, that is just a road hazard; could have been the truck, but, as luck would have it, it is the trailer. I firmly believe that all the major makers do their best with the environment they have to deal with; rising costs and declining sales coupled with a "finicky" buying group that seems to think that they should get Rolls Royce quality for Kia cost. I'm a member of several forums and all manufacturers have their good points and their bad points. You are just as likely to get a poorly made Jayco as you will a HeartLand or CruiserRV product, they are all dealing in the same arena with the same variables; make as cheap a product as the market will bear while generating enough income to stay in business. It behooves the buyer to be always vigilant and to exercise sound judgement before accepting delivery of any RV...Trailmanor to Prevost, no exceptions.

I believe that CruiserRV buyers, as a whole, are a rather "happy" lot with their choice. This forum is nothing but CruiserRV owners...other forums, coimposed of all makers will yield a "truer" look at probems, but, bear in mind...posters in any forum are usually those with problems; you won't hear from the guy that just used his slide for the 3500th time with no problems, you will, however, hear from a host of folks that have had nothing but problems with their slide, hot water heater, Chinese tires, etc. Take all you hear with a grain of salt and a certain amount of thought.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #15

Well said webslave
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #16

Thx all for the balanced and thoughtful input ... sounds like we look at this issue in a similar and rational way. There ARE maintenance items that are not a defect or poor workmanship (tho perhaps design...) and owners do have a good share of responsibility to take on. While I paid cash , it is perhaps at least a good advantage to be working with a very local firm with local guys who really want repeat business from area residents.

We have been making a list of the things some folks have commented on in the forum and from our own experiences, so we'll make sure to hold 'em to it. Since we are so close to them and both retired, we can easily devote several days to a walk through! That means ( I hope) they will work hard to make things good to go just to get us out the door!

For what its worth, because they are far from me, I've dealt with them in past and there are no 'purchaser' issues, I did check with the dealer in Eugene OR where I bought my 'used' Trailmanor because they also now carry Cruiser products, and the Serv Manager and Warranty Administrator both say they so far have had no unusual or excessive issues with the CruiserRV lines or the company itself. Service Mngr said (as we've discussed here!) that they have had about as many angry 'disappointed' Airstream owners, because there are just some folks that will never be happy. But as he said, what can you expect when you have a rolling house vibrating like a 6.0 earthquake when it travels!

Fred
Old 08-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #17

We're on our fourth rv, second Funfinder. My personal opinion based on these purchases is that it is a highly unregulated industry. After the wheels and frame, they can put anything on top and nobody could care less.

As for the factory and warranty, I wouldn't even think about it. All you can do is be a good buyer. Try it out first, spend "a couple of nights" at the dealer and fix problems on site. After that, it is out of sight, out of mind.

I think we got lucky this time. We got such a good deal on our 230DS that I could never complain. We just spent two months on the road in Mexico with daily downpours for five weeks. Couldn't find a leak. Believe me though, it is a new 2008 unit bought last October and it does have its glitches. Still trying to get the furnace working, it only fires up when it wants to.

Our motto now is, "shop until you find the best bargain price, forget about dealer, salesman and the worthless factory warranty". We'll fix the rest ourselves. We love rving too much to not have one. Do all your own research, don't take anyone's word about anything. We shopped for almost eight months before finding the unit and price we wanted.

In this industry, "BUYER BEWARE".
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #18

Default after market warrantees....

qtla9111, THX for the reasonable post and reality check! Looks like many on the forum at least see things in a similar light. Those of us that are 'handy' and DIYSers, tend to take care of things as they come up anyway, warranty or not, unless it is major. And frequently, very little is built to "our standards", at least that is what I find, even in sticknbrick houses!

Just a note on these points, craftsmanship, QC and warranty topics for RVs. When I talked with these trusted service and warranty managers I noted in Oregon, they said basically what you did regarding taking great pains to go through everything and holding the dealer's feet to the fire to bring everything up to par. However, they also more or less said what you did regarding all RVs and buyer beware. That is why they both thought, from their experience, that an extended warranty was likely a wise roll of the dice. Warranty mnger said he suggests waiting until the 10-11th month of your first year of ownership to purchase a policy so that 1) it is still on a 'new' trailer still under warranty and 2) you don't pay for 10-11 months of coverage for nothing! He reminded me that any extended policy does not come into play until after the first year, when the manf warranty expires, so paying for coverage for that is a waste & just not wise. They both said exactly what several folks have said on many forums about the self insure vs buying warranty issue being a personal choice of risk management. So that's a decision I will make next year I guess!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #19

I agree totally. We also need to follow through on manufacturer warranty on appliances. Many times there are issue that do not fall on the rv manufacturer but rather on providers.

I believe we all get caught up in the "new toy" syndrome and want to get out of the dealer lot as fast as possible. That is the time to put things in perspective. Slow down. Good money is on the line, and we need to hold the dealer to our terms as well.
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #20

Default First trip back to Dealer

Well, we have our new unit back in for some critical Service attention. I post this long winded diatribe so some of the other folks shopping or others with problems see what seems to "normally" occur with a new TT! I've also found 'missing' component manuals (i.e. AC, axles) that the dealer warranty manager is helping with, because I told her I want to get all those warranties registered right away!

FYI, since I found the leak at a corner of the slide during my 3 hr 'rain test' with an oscillating sprinkler, I started looking at things in earnest. Here's what I identified so far .. and we're just hoping to get away on our first 2 week shakedown next week! I am admittedly becoming picky .. but I figure if they are going to rely upon ME to do the factory's QC inspection, they're going to get what I'd be doing in that position at the factory! As I've told the salesman (who I know personally) and the Service Manager, if I'd bought a used rig, I'd accept most of this as work I would and could take on. But we purchased a brand new TT and if I am supposed to complete factory assembly myself, I'm fine with that as long as they give me a good discount on the price! Somehow, the idea of "simple to fix", vs. "owner should not have to fix" escapes their paradigm!

(taken from the work list I gave the Service Manager)

1. Slide Leak. I would like a walk-through on what the problem is and how it is fixed, for future reference and to ensure proper maintenance so it does not reoccur. Please note that we are concerned that the repair technician be familiar with this specific system and that the factory techs be consulted to ensure that a proper repair is done. We have read numerous renditions of Fun Finder owners with similar leak issues, some of whom had a dealers do very questionable repairs with prodigious quantities of caulk to no effect. As long as this is done consistent with factory direction so it is a long lasting cure, we're happy!

We checked between the inner and outer seals. It was quite wet on the front side (where the corner leak is on the inside) with drops and runs; but the inner wall between the inner seals on the rear side of the slider was bone dry as was the roof behind the top seal. There was no moisture inside the seals on the roof.

2. Propane tanks need to be moved forward on A-Frame 2" to allow for proper installation of Wt Distribution chain brackets so chains are perpendicular and not at an angle to frame.

3. Curbside rear Leveling Jack … screw replacement. The Curb Side Rear jack has one mounting screw that had the head twisted off when installed. Looks like the installer was ready to go home and didn't want to go get the breaker bit to cut out the broken screw and replace it!

4. Re-installation of water tank support bracket/screws, Street Side forward bracket. There are 3 cross members that support the tank between trailer frame beams. Each is attached only with self tapping screws. All screws and support members are seated (assume tight, but did not check that), except for the two screws on the front, left side of the tank. Those two screws are not seated to the support bracket and the support bracket is not seated to the trailer cross frame member. This looks like a problem waiting to happen after the shaken and quaken of the trailer on the road! these need to be re-installed with the tank support member clamped to the cross frame member, NOT just cranked tight as is. The screw threads will not hold properly and likely will strip, at least partially. It would be wise to re-install as noted with NEW screws to ensure a firm bite.

5. 4 Nuts, front of frame, 2 on each side. These 4 nuts are barely finger tight, located just aft of front cross frame member, 2 on each side at edge of under frame. They do not apparently seat against anything flat and firm, so am not sure what to do here. It seems that if they are wrench tightened so the lock washer engages, the washer will penetrate the plastic liner? What are these for?

6. The hole in the floor for the black tank vent pipe in the bathroom linen closet was never foamed shut. This has created a "welcome home" hole for rodents! If you build it (or open it), they will come!

7. Rain gutter on Street side is improperly installed. Where there is a seam in two pieces of gutter, the installer forgot to use a straight edge and/or level. See in pictures how 80+ of the water running off that side is pouring over the seam joint and straight over the 'Escape' window? Only way I see to fix that is to remove and re-install the short gutter piece that runs to the front and downspout.

8. Gutter under awning. While I conducted my 'rain test', there was a steady trickle of water coming down from a spot where the gutter / awning mount strip is attached about 10" in from the front of the awning. There is a very small gap in the sealer (silicone?) there and water was steadying running out of it. The water is coming in from someplace above or further back along that gutter piece. This concerns me because 1) the trickle comes down directly over the side bedroom window and 2) anytime there is water coming from UNDER something that was sealed leaves the possibility that water is collecting somewhere INSIDE the sealed item – or worse.

9. Fresh water tank leaks upon filling; a) between the outside filler port and where the fill line passes under the bathroom vanity and b) right at the fill port on the tank itself. From past experience, I think I know why and have a clean and permanent fix for both leaks and can explain if needed.

10. Shurflo water pump installation .. per instructions. This pump is very noisy and, after inspecting the install, I could see why. a) Good share of the noise comes from the fact that the Strainer is installed so that it rests against the cabinet frame, so every time the pump comes on, the plastic housing of the strainer is 'rapping' against the cabinet. Not pleasant to listen to but I would think not best thing for the strainer to be rapping every time the pump runs. b) the lines from the pump in particular are installed so as to create the greatest possible noise transmission. The outflow is a hard line installed to run straight to a 90 that is tight against the cabinet wall as well as against the drain from the bathroom sink, and that RIGID water line continues along that cabinet wall to another rigid T and again to more rigid fittings. Between the strainer on one side rapping against the cabinet frame and the rigid water lines transmitting vibration to the cabinet and bathroom wall, it is no wonder it is loud! Would like to have the plumbing taken care of per Shurflo instructions.

(Which state with bold and italics, " Use flexible high-pressure hose on the pump inlet and outlet. The pumps ports and strainer should not be connected to plastic or rigid pipe, or the pump's normal motion will transmit through rigid plumbing causing noise, and possibly loosening or cracking components.")

11. Bathroom Door and Latch Replacement, previously identified.

12. Kitchen Sink Splash. Not quite sure how this happens, but the decorative vinyl 'back splash' is all twisted and wrinkled around the blind hold down clip. Besides not looking great it is a good place to accumulate water, dirt, cooking grease and attendant grime over time. It has been our experience that once a spot like this starts the rest of the area around it becomes loose as well.

13. Drain lines. Technician at Walk Through said this issue is not considered a warranty issue and I could likely fix it by removing some of the foam, bending lines down straight and re-foaming to seal and support. Yes, I do have that ability, but would likely check with Technical at Cruiser RV before doing so, in part because I don't know if there is some issue up inside that led to the angle; I see the way these taps come down at an angle into the aluminum side molding and are a bit difficult to grasp because of the molding and thus are a manufacturing defect and warranty issue, because it does effect the use for which the drains were designed. Water will drain down into the lip of the molding rather than straight down and it is difficult to grasp the ends of the drain lines and could result in plumbing damage in use.

In addition these more critical issues, I told them we are not whining about the "smaller defects" that we can easily fix, examples such as:
- A scrape into the wall surface covering just inside door, above kitchen sink. I'll likely scrape w/razor blade to make smooth, then seal so that water does not penetrate.
- A scrape into the wall surface covering below the 'Escape' window.
- A scrape into the vinyl wood surface covering on dinette.
- Edge of pantry door abraded, I can fix w/ sanding and stain. Also a indent spot on the lower pantry door that is from the bathroom door latch handle that is being replaced .. lines up with handle where it locks up.
- Necessary re-installation of 2 cabinet doors that bind because of improper hinge install. My past experience is that I do much better work on this than their techs, so I won't even bother asking!

And the beat goes on ... otherwise, we are still very excited with our new trailer. We'll see how it goes for our trip the last 2 weeks of Sept!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks