Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Default 2011 Shadow Cruiser 185FBS Battery Disconnect Question

Can someone tell me if this year and model shadow cruiser has a battery disconnect switch. All I've found is a fuse in a weather proof case attached to the positive battery cable near the battery box. Is this the only way to disconnect the battery for short term storage, other than disconnecting the cable itself?

Thanks in advance

Barry

binarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #2

Seems like everyone else is busy... I can't speak to exactly where it is, but, all models of travel trailers made in the last 5-10 years, that I know of, have battery disconnect switches. A lot of manufacturers get pretty creative with where they tuck them.

Look for a silver knob (looks like an old fashioned choke knob if you remember those) somewhere near the entrance door or in a storage bay (in the '08 210WBS it is in the front pass-through compartment). Our friend's '11 244RBS has a "main control panel, right near the floor at the front entry door that contains all of his switches (pump, slide, awning, HW heater, etc) and his is located on that panel. {As an aside, I wonder what silly engineer decided that all the control switches should be little, tiny switches located at floor level? Old farts like us (Bob and I) have to lay on our stomachs or go outside and peer through the open door to read and use the darn things... } On most of the FunFinders, pulling it out connects the battery, while pushing it in disconnects the battery (backwards to my thinking, but, that's the way they work). I think by '10, CruiserRV had moved most of them inside the trailer, I had to make a shield for around mine, in the storage compartment, to keep stuff from sliding against the knob and pushing it in, disconnecting my battery...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #3

My 2005 FF does not have a battery cut off switch (yet).....
Dontexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Ok... I'll change my line to "most travel trailers made in the last 5-6 years have battery disconnects..." Live and learn!

Pretty sure his 2011 has one though, it's listed as "standard" in the specifications...but, I guess I can't be so sure now

Don
Bronwyn

Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I assumed it would have a disconnect switch someplace, but I looked in all the usual places and could not find one. I called the dealer this morning and was told it does not have one. I guess
I'll either install one or pull the fuse or battery cable when I park it for any length of time.

Barry
binarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #6

Boy, I need to pay more attention to what I'm reading...

I read your trailer model as a FunFinder when it is a Shadow Cruiser...no disconnects on the Shadow Cruiser. Your best bet would be to pull the fuse in the outside line. Same effect until you get a disconnect installed.

Don
Bronwyn