Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #1

Default 2015 242bds Tech Upgrade Project!

So lots of pictures and if I get time will add video.

Backstory:
I'm a huge nerd/techie guy. My trailer is way behind the times for me. Yes I know some say its not about the tech, however I'm more comfy with extra tech. So I'm on a quest to upgrade the trailer!

Projects (to be completed in the next two weeks)

40 inch TV - There is the small tv that rotates between bedroom and living room. I'm going to permanently rotate the small side into the bedroom and install a new mount and tv on the other side. I got a super slim mount and will be using every inch of the tv wall with the new tv. Now one big requirement for me "really my wife" is not to go beyond the wall. So using those requirements I got a tv that fits perfectly there.

Games - Adding a switch and ps4 to the tv above. Making it so my switch and ps4 can be easily added or removed between trips.

Wifi - Installing a wifi into the trailer that will connect to either my mifi or phones wifi and share it out to all devices including our cell phones.

Nest Thermostat- The stock thermostat is just not up with the times. I've find the parts and install guide for 12v to 24v conversion ect. The nest 3rd gen I had laying around also has the extra zone thermostat. The extra zone will go into the bedroom so the thermostat will read the whole trailer not just where its at.

8 Sleep Heated/Cooled bed. If you haven't checked out 8 sleep, its an amazing super tech bed that cools or heats your bed. I have an extra on of these laying around so I will get my bed all hooked up "wifi required" which will make those warm or cold nights super comfy.

LED under glow - Of course I have to have nice LED under glow for those nights!

Outside TV - I'm trying to figure out how to get a tv to fit in with the sink/stove top that pulls out. If you have any ideas let me know.

Lots o Pictures to come!

maveric7911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #2

Maveric, I guess I won't be the only one who takes a printer when you get done. Looking forward to your photos and ideas.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #3

Hope to get started here this weekend, was supposed to last weekend but had a delay.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:14 PM   #4

Here we go first of many to go up. Today I completed the 20something inch to a 40 inch! I will get pics of the other stuff. I got the wireless extender up and running. I'm going to delay the Nest until we come back from our trip this week. Just wanted to make sure I don't mess up the HVAC before we go lol.

To my wifes dismay I also installed a full sound system lol, kinda got in trouble for installing this. Pics to come but here it is:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/t...bars/t-series/

20something perm in my bedroom:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HDpXcifqqavaeTKd9

40 inch perm in my RV living room:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/q6Yqk1RDvm3nDxb1A

The trailer herself:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/djAvtiMFytgtWjXf6