Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #1

Default A/C problem E2 code

A/C won't start and give E2 code on the thermostat. I have disconnected the power, checked all the breakers, etc. Still E2. Need help, it's hot!!

Old 06-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

You don't say what brand of thermostat, but, I'm going to guess Dometic. The E2 code is an "open circuit" or "out of range" temperature sensor. If I had to wager, given that you've checked the power connections (for the most part...is the A/C actually getting power at the unit?), that your temperature sensor is bad. If the temperature sensor goes bad, the only thing that will run will be the fan in "manual" mode; the A/C compressor is locked out to prevent damage to itself.

Can't tell you much more without being there

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #3

Yes, Dometic. I have used it three times and needless to say, I AM NOT HAPPY with this thing. How do I change or bypass the temperature sensor? I hope I don't have to turn around and go home, no way to survive the 100 degree heat without it.

Thank you for helping me.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #4

I don't have that particular type of unit, nor have I worked on one, but, without a remote sensor (usually used for "zone" monitoring on large RV's), I would have to guess that the sensor is probably in your thermostat mounted on the wall... If anyone knows for sure, please chime in

Most likely it is contained internally to the Comfort Control Center (the thermostat). I'm not sure if it is a serviceable piece or you have to replace the entire thermostat. Dometic would be my first "port of call" to find out:

For RV products

Customer Support Center
P.O. Box 490
Elkhart, IN 46515

Phone: 1-800-544-4881
CustomerSupportCenter@DometicUSA.com

If it is in the thermostat, they may be able to FedEx one to you or if you are really desperate, you may be able to get a replacement locally or substitute a different thermostat from Wally World, etc... If it is part of the compressor control module (in the ceiling harness), then it would be a different matter...may be user serviceable, may require a professional (or semi-pro handyman) to be able to locate, remove and replace the part...

Sorry I can't be of more help, but, anything else I could or would tell you would just be a WAG...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote