Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 11:31 PM   #1

Default Adding TV mount to side of 276

I have the small mount on the side of my 276 but looking to add a bigger TV. Have any of you done this addition and have any advice on where to put it or how to go about it?

Probably going to want a 32 to 40 inch tv and keep the 20 inch up.

I plan to tailgate with it at football games.

Any advice on selection of dish network dish? I have the manual one with tripod but did not have a lot of success when I tried it a few years ago. I am currently looking at the automstic ones. So many of them get mixed reviews so looking for advice.

Antenna: I am getting zero channel through my jensen antenna. Portable lowered antenna gets several chanels at my house.

Str8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #2

I replaced the cheap Jensen antenna with a King Jack as shown here:

https://www.campingworld.com/king-ja...te-104875.html

Paid less.....IIRC bought it on Amazon. My son is good at electronics and he did the wire changeover during the install.

It works great and picks up signals very well....even in rural areas.

Wife would like satellite and looked at the dish network but haven't jumped. I think the dish is better for RV'ing than Direct TV ... price and other variables...but my opinion.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #3

Did you drill a hole in the roof to use the directional aspect to turn the antenna or did you put up an omnidirectional one like the jensen? I hesitate to put the hole in the roof to turn the antenna.

I have been looking at the King Jack but I wasnt sure if the omnidirectional one would be that good.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:59 AM   #4

The factory Jensen was removed and the hole in the roof for the cable to come thru beneath where the Jensen was mounted had to be enlarged some......a little toward the rear as I recall. The directional control was mounted on the ceiling IN the cabinet above where the TV is so made for a nice installation.
As I recall, we put down a piece of roof material to assure a sealed roof before mounting the new antenna which was sealed down with dicor self leveling sealant like the factory Jensen had been.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #5

Thanks. My antenna is on the back of the camper. Not sure how to use the directional control without moving the antenna toward the front. Otherwise it will be on the top of the garage and not easy to get to as the ceiling is high in there.

Mine is not located above the TV area.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ball View Post
Thanks. My antenna is on the back of the camper. Not sure how to use the directional control without moving the antenna toward the front. Otherwise it will be on the top of the garage and not easy to get to as the ceiling is high in there.

Mine is not located above the TV area.
What year is your 276?

Apparently they relocated the roof TV antenna before/after mine was built in the spring of 2012.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #7

It's 2012.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ball View Post
It's 2012.
That is interesting. As shown in these pics, the one showing the left side profile, the antenna is located between the shower skylight and the air conditioner. That is exactly where the antenna on my 2012 unit is located.

https://www.fretzrv.com/product/new-...-276-822118-28

I ordered my 276 in 2012 and it was delivered to the selling dealership in March of 2012.

Wonder why the location change.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #9

Maybe I'm an idiot and it's closer than I thought. I was up on the roof the other day and it seemed farther back.