Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2023, 02:50 PM   #1

Default Adjust slide out

My 2011Fundfinderx x210 was slide closes all the way at the top but not at the bottom. Plus when opened the couch seat leans forward slightly. Looking at the slide system under the couch that by raising the vertical support bar will tilt the slide top out. Anyone done this? Am I on the track?

Chiefward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 01:21 PM   #2

I suggest you look at the floor from outside and underneath the slideout. My slideout wasn't working properly when I bought my 2010 Shadow Cruiser 185 FBS. I found the plywood floor was soft and rotting where the floor rides on a roller. I never found any leak so I suspect the previous owner had left the window open when the trailer was not in use and rain water repeatedly soaked the floor inside. I had to replace the slideout's entire floor with marine grade plywood. The slideout has worked find ever since.

Rocky Mtn marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn marmot View Post
I suggest you look at the floor from outside and underneath the slideout. My slideout wasn't working properly when I bought my 2010 Shadow Cruiser 185 FBS. I found the plywood floor was soft and rotting where the floor rides on a roller. I never found any leak so I suspect the previous owner had left the window open when the trailer was not in use and rain water repeatedly soaked the floor inside. I had to replace the slideout's entire floor with marine grade plywood. The slideout has worked find ever since.
I had the same problem with my Fun Finder it's a 2011 210 wbs, it was the floor like up above you will see that the floor rotted they use a plastic coating on the bottom and it gets cracks in it and holds water I had to replace the floor I used a 3/4 piece of plywood marine grade and then I painted and undercoated it really well it wasn't the easiest thing to do but it got done in a couple of hours. That should line you back up. It did me.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:47 PM   #4

Did you fix the problem?
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote