Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
BTW ~ a 3 year warranty when you register the product.

C&P from the registration web site:

"Your product is now covered under the Andersen Hitches 3-year, limited warranty. If you have any problems with your camper levelers, simply send us an email and we'll get you taken care of right away!
Thanks Eagle; I emailed Anderson details of how long I've had, what happened, where I purchased, & three days later I had a replacement chock in my hand no charge!! Astonishing customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Question for those with the Anderson levelers ... Do you place them directly on the ground or do you first put down a 1 x 8 or 2 x 8 to place the Andersons on first?

How well do they work on a graveled site?

Thanks
We have used them by themselves, direct on the ground on:
- gravel, no problems
- clay/dirt mixture (dry when set up) at a farm, no issue
- clay/dirt mixture (had been disturbed/moved in within last year), some sinking after 24 hours (needed to re-level, then ok for remaining 5 days);
- sand/dirt mixture, very minor settling but not enough to necessitate re-leveling
- grassy 'pit' that was a known runoff/through area, no issue (but never rained); in future might use wood underneath as aware of this spot's "issue" if ever stay there again

Old 09-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #22

Thanks Wheatboy ~ great to know the warranty and customer service is excellent and you got a new chock too.

And thanks about use on various types of ground conditions.

Happy camping.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #23

Found this older thread, thought I would bump it up for anyone who is not familiar with these leveling systems. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. They had them in stock at a local RV store so I picked a pair up before they are sold out. If you want to level your RV easily this is the way to go. Silverado
Old 03-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #24

I should be able to get my xt276 from the winter storage area sometime in April .. hope it warmer by then (light snow last night and more in forecast for tonight) and will give them a workout.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #25

Might consider Blaylock EZ Jack and wheel chock. 20,000lbs capacity.
https://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chock...s/EZ-JACK.html

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote