Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #1

Default Another trip and of course another new problem

Well last weekend trip I took to go atv riding went well , for 3 days , trailer worked well no problems, so happy , starting to enjoy the trailer some at this point . So here we go to go for a 8 day trip to the beach , check everything over and everything seems great.

Get to the beach and go to plug my iphone in at the outlet at the bottom of the double bed , nothing , so go to the outlet in the front corner where the tv plugs in , sure enough nothing . Thinking ok no big deal breaker tripped, no they are all fine , very long story to short cut , after about a hr of tracing wires under the trailer to the breaker box and figuring out how these guys ran this circuit , I have a cut neutral and part of it is shorted to ground in the ceiling , of course the worst run between the 2 outlets !!! So now I will be working on this thing on my vacation yet again !!!! And I already have people asking me what in the heck are you doing to a brand new trailer !!! So I guess they pinch or ran a screw threw the wire and a little bid of movement and now this , great !!

Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 AM   #2

You have never tried those outlets until now ??? That was one of the things I made sure worked when we took delivery, just to avoid the situation you had.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #3

Rip5 , yes they have been working for the past year and a half , must have been a screw close to the wire or something pinching it and as the box on wheels has been used and pulled behind my truck it must have rubbed on something and shorted it out . But yes everything has been working , this is the 1st electrical problem so far and hope the last .
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #4

Well just a update , when I got back home I could trouble shoot better and had my meter and tools . Sure enough the neutral wire is broke in the ceiling , try to mess with it , but there was no fishing a wire to fix it threw the ceiling , no big deal reran wire under trailer and connected back the outlets that were not working. Also put my outside outlet on its own circuit so when cooking breakfast , and my wife making coffee inside it wouldn't trip anymore.

But I must say I am happy that I had no leaks whatsoever , it rained so hard and wind was blowing all over for a full day right off the beach , so I am happy about that, see I do say good things when I come across them with this trailer , and for the most part this is what I expected from the rv industry , it's the good times and the memories you have from camping and atv trips!!
Just glad I didn't spend 60,000 - 90,000 on a 5th wheel , I have been looking on other forums and there are all kinds of issues with some of them and very unhappy people .
Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #5
roy

The electrical in these things is total junk. Mine trips breakers all the time and usually I am not over loading anything. It's just wired crazy. Electric tongue jack has been losing power lately. Caught me this last time with jack extended to hook up my hitch bars. All of a sudden no power. Had to break out the 3/4" socket any pull handle and manually let the jack back up. Once home I changed the fuse and sprayed electrical cleaner in the corroded fuse socket and pulled on a wire or two behind the little box door (what a mess that is) and its got power again. It's happened twice so I figure its the fuse holder going bad or loose wire in that junction box mess.

You gotta be able to produce a back up plan at any minute on these things.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote