Originally Posted by Eagle
Never have seen RV antifreeze a "50-50 mix" ??
Use it right out of the container without diluting with water.
Or are you planning to use regular automotive antifreeze? If so, WRONG CHOICE as it's toxic and not to be used in a potable water system.
Fear not! No plans for automotive anti-freeze. this is my first time winterizing an RV - a few early online reads showed discussions of 50/50 mix, then I actually saw how cheap the RV antifreeze is
- I'm going full strength!
I bought 4 gallons. I get that some don't like the after-smell/taste, didn't find it too bad this year (our first season - the lines did have the pink stuff...) I did do a bleach out of the tank before first use of the holding tank (first few trips were on city water).
I like the notion of blowing the lines out - but have reservations about mold growth in the empty, but damp, lines, as here in MD it won't stay hard frozen all winter.
And I know all about bypassing the water heater - now - because I didn't know about it the first few camps (it was still in bypass mode) and we didn't have hot water!
Thanks to all for the advice!