Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2019, 12:33 AM   #1

Default Any suggestions...? Jackknife sofa uncomfy for child to sleep

Hi x 210 2009 that we love. We are leaving to tahoe in 2 days with jack knife sofa causing child back pain. It has the split in the middle. We already bought two foam camping pads 2" thick pieces for the top...no luck. They still sink in the middle. We are thinking about getting a piece of plywood for the top of the sofa and then placing the 4" of foam and then another egg carton foam camp pad on top of that so about 6" of foam. The idea is at least the crack won't be a problem!? any thoughts on this except why wait til 2 days before you leave to do somthing? Lol!!

Fun Finder X210wbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #2

Sounds like a plan. The plywood could travel under the mattress of the regular bed. Have a friend that removed the sofa and made a "pull-out" style platform for the bed. When pushed in it is essentially a bench.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed1.jpg   bed2.jpg  

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #3

Default Jackknife comfort

Good morning,

I've used a strip of mattress topper material about 4" thick I think, and stuffed it into the middle seam between the seat and back of couch.

You can stuff it in there just right so it's a bit higher than the couch parts.
No more falling in the crack, and when you're laying on top of that piece, it only sinks as far as the couch material.
Fast & easy fix!!
Old 09-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #4

Well, it's been over two weeks since this thread has been posted to so I'm suspecting that you, indeed, did something and are back home now��. My x210 doesn't have the push out with the "jack knife" sofa/bed so it's not an issue for me. I'm curious tho, since we have a futon with a similar problem. To be completely honest, I NEVER sleep on it so it's not a huge issue for me but my wife is concerned for our guests ��. I'm thinkin' it keep guests from over staying their welcome ��. (I don't make that thought process common knowledge).
BTW, before I even got to the end of the original post, I did think "why is this person waiting until 2 days before leaving on a trip to fix an issue?" I was glad to see the OP 'fess up' at the end of the post��.
So, to the OP, let the rest of us see how you remedied your situation!
RipVan

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack knife sofa pain