Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Anyone try an outside awning patio/screen room ?

We've got a 18fbr and I've been looking at these outside patio rooms that attatch to the awning. Has anyone had success with these? The main thing I'm wondering is: does the skirting attatch and seal all the way around? Is the room sealed from ground to awning and if so, do you have to buy a special outdoor carpet to attatch the skirting to?

I just can't seem to find this out by looking at them on-line

Thanks!

bettyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #2

Default Re: Anyone try an outside awning patio/screen room ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyford
We've got a 18fbr and I've been looking at these outside patio rooms that attatch to the awning. Has anyone had success with these? The main thing I'm wondering is: does the skirting attatch and seal all the way around? Is the room sealed from ground to awning and if so, do you have to buy a special outdoor carpet to attatch the skirting to?

I just can't seem to find this out by looking at them on-line

Thanks!
Hey there bettyford hope this helps its the instructions for installing one of those rooms just click on the link.. or copy and paste it i just took a quick look at it but it looks like it clips to the side of the trailer and then also nails to the ground.

http://www.rvupgrades.info/pdf/addaroom.pdf

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #3

We have the Carefree Add a Room, to answer your question the skirt attaches with twist lock fasteners about every two feet or so to the side of the trailer at the bottom lip. It does not "seal", just attaches. You can either buy a camping mat from carefree or others, use nothing or buy a tarp, its up to you. Whatever you use does not attach and seal but will only be staked to the ground. We love ours and it sure is nice to have additional space, it keeps the bugs out and is nice when the weather is bad. Be sure to buy the delux model, its a little more $ but well worth it. Heres where we bouht our Funfinder and screen room, ask for Ted in parts.
www.allseasonsrv.com, 231 739 5269
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #4

Default screen room

We just installed the carefree it worked great i'll post a picture when i get home from work.
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/ca...&categoryid=32
2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Rand McNally 7725 LM GPS
chiller is offline   Reply With Quote