Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #1

Default Back up Camera

Got me a Back up Camera off Amazon.

lol, now comes the hard part. Any recommendation on how to run the power, pros and cons, hook to the back up lights or constant power?

Old 12-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #2

I ran my wireless backup camera off the power from the middle red marker light on the back of the trailer. That way my camera is on whenever I put on my parking lights on the TV.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #3

What brand camera did you get? Didn't it come with instructions on hookup?

Latest issue of Trailer Life lists Garmin with top rating by users, Furrion is second and ASA electronics as third best.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:31 PM   #4

Twinster2, I believe that's is How I will do mine. I hate the idea of drilling into the roof. Hopefully I can mount it on the back wall and get good view angle.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #5

Eagle,

Its a Amazon off brand. Believe it or not I cant even find the name brand on the instruction paperwork. It got good reviews on Amazon and was about 100 bucks so I took a chance and bought it. I hooked it up in my living room and it seemed to work good.

I believe I am going to use some type of sealant and affix it to the back of the trailer instead of drilling. I am going to figure out a way to mount a bracket that will hold the camera and make it so I can remove the camera and store it. I just need to figure out how to store the wires from the trailer lights that Iam using to power the camera.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #6

Reading this with interest! I have wanted to do this. does your off brand Amazon model have a range far enough to go from the back of the trailer to the tow vehicle? That's what I have been concerned about. And if it does, can you send an exact link to it? Or more information?

Thanks!

Liz
Old 01-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #7

PaintyLiz, ok. I've been lazy lately and I store my trailer at a storage yard. I have a 139x funfinder it's small 13' and iam towing with a Hinda Pilot.

Once I hook it up, I'll post a review of the camera and Amazon link. The whole system seem to be well made. Hope it works out.
1kotonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kotonk View Post
PaintyLiz, ok. I've been lazy lately and I store my trailer at a storage yard. I have a 139x funfinder it's small 13' and iam towing with a Hinda Pilot.

Once I hook it up, I'll post a review of the camera and Amazon link. The whole system seem to be well made. Hope it works out.
No problem but could you please check your purchase history and tell me what you bought, I wanna look at it. Researching things on Amazon is my hobby LOL I can feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm really not actually doing anything LOL

Thanks,

Liz
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #9

PaintyLiz,

Sorry I don't know how to attach the Amazon link.
This is the one I purchased.

Emmako HD 720P Digital Wireless Backup Camera With 5'' Monitor System For Trailer,Truck,RV,Motorhome,High-Speed Observation Camera Adjustable Rear/Front View, Guide Lines ON/Off,IP69K Waterproof
by Emmako
4.4 out of 5 stars 85 ratings | 16 answered questions
Price: $99.99 FREE One-Day & FREE Returns
Get $125 off: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Business Prime Card. Terms apply.
Free Amazon product support included

Amazon Local Services
Want this product professionally installed?
Book a top-rated pro directly on Amazon. Backed by our Happiness Guarantee.
From$140.00
►Upgraded HD Digital Wireless Camera System :100% No Interference open area 984 ft line of sight,working on vehicle range under 50ft.
►5 inch Monitor mounts on your dash and gets power with the included cigarette light plug. Multifunction Newly designed screen: You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, tint, language,switch grid lines on/off,Mirror/Positive image by the menu button.The screen resolution is 1024*720,display quality is very clear and delicate.
►720P IP69K Waterproof Camera:Upgraded solid 720P High Definition camera with 150°viewing Wide-angle,provide a highly clear picture of your reverse /driving. Upgraded glass lens has a good waterproof performance. Easy to hook up to combat bad weather. It's also fog resistant with a night vision ability.
►Quick and simple setup:The Digital wireless module built-in the monitor and camera, You just hook the antennas and power supply to them, They will transport video signals auto.About the only hard part is getting power to the rear view camera. You need to tap into the backup or tail lights of your vehicle or trailer for 12V or it works with 24V as well.
►The system is compatible with RV/Pickup/Truck/Bus/Van/Trailer/Camper/5th wheel/Motorhome. A professional instruction sheet comes in the package. Also: With the 2 year Warranty, free tech support and replacement service; we know you will be pleased with this camera. (All support and services via email at: elinawei0621@outlook.com )
› See more product details
Compare with similar items
Report incorrect product information.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
PaintyLiz,

Sorry I don't know how to attach the Amazon link.
This is the one I purchased.

Emmako HD 720P Digital Wireless Backup Camera With 5'' Monitor System For Trailer,Truck,RV,Motorhome,High-Speed Observation Camera Adjustable Rear/Front View, Guide Lines ON/Off,IP69K Waterproof
by Emmako
4.4 out of 5 stars 85 ratings | 16 answered questions...
Thanks 1kotonk that looks good! I really want tho put one on our trailer. Keep us posted on how you like it.

Liz
Old 01-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Twinster2, I believe that's is How I will do mine. I hate the idea of drilling into the roof. Hopefully I can mount it on the back wall and get good view angle.
As far as attaching the camera to the back of the trailer, I just use caulking and hold it in place with duct tape until caulking cured. Been good for over three years now. Since I'm more interested in traffic behind the trailer than backing up, I mounted it about six inches below the top middle marker light.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote