Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Bathroom door

I own a FunFinder X 160 and the bathroom door is falling off. There are three hinges holding the door on, but they are screwed into the wall, which is very thin. The screws on the bottom two hinges have stripped away from the wall. I tried longer screws, but there does not appear to be anything substantial behind the 1/4 inch wall board. Has anyone else had trouble with this and figured out how to address it?

Denver FunFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #2

Yes, my lower screw came loose too--the walls are nothing but fiber board. Luckily, I screwed it back in on a slightly different angle, but I know the darn thing is simply going to come off in time.

I'd love to know if anyone comes up with a solution.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #3

Two things you can try
1 is drill out the holes to 1/4 inch and buy 1/4 inch dowels maybe a inch or inch and a half long.Glue(wood glue maybe epoxy?) them in the holes,then screw it in.

2 Get those screw in collar type screw fasteners that are used for drywall and screw or screw glue them in and the middle will accept a standard drywall screw. The original screws might twist in ? but drywall screws have the cone shape needed to be flush in hinge.

If under warranty I would bring it in for them to figure out.

Thought of a 3rd and 4th and 5th while writing

3 Move position of hinges ?

4 Try a thicker screw and drill out the hinge if its to thick to go through it.
Put a little wood glue in there so they wont loosen up

5 Pack the stripped hole with wood fill sold in little cans.let it harden overnight. sand flat then drill a hole smaller than the screw threads(this will make sure the screw goes in easy )That stuff gets very hard.

good luck let us now how it worked out.

I did notice a kitchen door lossen up after my 2nd 5,000 mile trip ,it tightened up snug and a I went around the camper and tightened up all other screws a bit and none stripped out on my 189fbs
2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote