Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
RKV

Default Bathroom issues 2014 214WSD

Although the large full width bathroom was a major selling point when we bought the trailer, we have a couple of issues.

1 The toilet set and cover are so cheaply made that they bend and squeak whenever someone sits on them. Does anyone know if a better seat is available?

2 There is no wall switch to control the lights and the ceiling fan. My wife can barely reach the light over the vanity let alone the fan.

Our two previous trailers (Forest River hybrids) both had solid toilet seats and wall switches for the fan.

RKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #2

There are quite a few options when it comes to toilets and toilet seats. Another member here recently replaced his new FF214WSD toilet with a new ceramic one which I'm sure is more residential style and cost appropriate.

As for the lighting issue, you are correct. Our 2015 is the same way. Fortunately, my wife and I can reach the lights. You might get a short rod with a rubber tip to extend your reach and depress the lens to activate the light. There's not much else you can do other than purchase additional switches and rewire them into the circuit. You could also buy a simple LED battery powered wall light, mount it and live with it.

The other alternative would be for a dealer to install and wire the switches for you if you aren't electrically inclined.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #3

can always get a taller wife.
dennis smith is offline   Reply With Quote