Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #1

Default Batteries FF189 newbe!

I'm completely new to RVn. I just came back from my first nights trip. I'm probably not going to get a chance to go for a few weeks. Should i disconnect the batteries, and drain the system? does anyone have a good resource that I can read about what to do with the trailer as far as maintenance? sorry for so many questions. Please HELP

jborchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Van

If your model is like mine, there is a battery disconnect switch. Mine is inside my pass-thru storage. If you are planning on going out again in a few weeks, i wouldnt worry about the batteries, they will be ok.

Same for the water system. You generally only need to drain things when winter sets in and freezing weather is coming. Then you winterize the trailer by flushing out the lines and adding some RV anti-freeze to them(or use an air hose attachment and blow them out) and your pluming drain traps.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote