Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #1

Default Battery Disconnect Mod on my 189FBS

I finally got around to moving my battery disconnect switch from the floor to above the compartment door last weekend. I don't understand why they would put the switch in such a bad location. Not only is it hard to reach, but its easy to bump when sliding things in the storage area.

I had all the parts already - 8 gauge wire, wire loom, and a project box from Radio Shack - so there was no real investment other than about 1/2 hour of my time.

Ed

Ed Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
uct

Do all fun finders have a battery disconnet switch. I have a 2006 210x and can not find one. It is not in the pass through

uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by uct
Do all fun finders have a battery disconnet switch. I have a 2006 210x and can not find one. It is not in the pass through
No. To make it even more confusing different models started coming with them in different years. The locations vary also. Some are inside the front cargo area and others inside the trailer itself. On Ed's it looks like it was mounted on the floor of the cargo area. On mine it's on the rear wall of the cargo area.

Short story is if you can't find one, you may not have one at all.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #4

Hubby did the same mod to ours! Makes it so much better when he loads front compartment, and alot easier to disconnect battery,just flip the easy accessible switch!
Nana2cuties