Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to martywax
Default Best portable gas BBQ

Hello Fun finders!

We are looking for the best gas grill to hook on the LP gas output on the side of our Shadow Cruise 185FBR. Don't want the one with the HP small propane tank...

Any ideas?

martywax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #2

We've had one of these since 1989 and it works great.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...gas-grill/5289 it is about 1/2 the size of the one that came with our FF.

Since our moho didn't have an external propane fitting---the first thing i did was go to AmeriGas with my Control/Regulator and had them remove the bottle fitting and replace that with a 5' hose assembly to connect to a regular refillable propane bottle--in my case a 1/2 lb. If i wanted to connect it to the fitting on my FF, i could just replace the propane bottle fitting with the mate to FF fitting.

I personally prefer a small bottle, so when the picnic table is 30' away--i can put the bar b on it. I do have very small stand for use when there are no tables.

I think most RV Parts stores have the fittings/adapters and hose to connect your bar b to the FF fitting.

hth, Ron

Old 12-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #3

There are a lot of grills for use with the quick disconnect low pressure LPG line... There are some designed for use with bottles of LPG that can be converted for use with the quick disconnect line; myself and a lot of others swear by the Weber Baby Q series of grills. I use a Weber Baby Q120 in my 210WBS. The Weber Q series of grills have the regulator as a separate assembly from the gas control valve. Simple matter of removing the regulator, substituting a male quick disconnect and then getting a hose to hook them together. I have a 4' and a 12' hose for mine. I don't like cooking under the awning and use the 12' most of the time for moving the grill out from under the awning. If the weather is poor (raining), I use the 4' line and stay under the awning just so I don't waste gas filling a 12' line. I also use a LPG Campfire in a Can and can hook my 12' grill line to its 10' gas line and have the Campfire in a Can some 22' from the trailer.

A lot of folks will use a grill designed for bottles and get an Extend-a-stay kit that hooks directly to the bottles on the front of the TT, but, mine are covered and it seemed silly to have to remove the covers every day just to use the grill when I had a low pressure port sitting right there for running a grill...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to martywax

Thanks guys! We bought the Coleman Road trip LXE... With a 12' and a 4' hose!!! And we are also able to use the HP tanks!
Cant wait for our first trip in may!!!
Cheers!
martywax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #5

Weber Q series are a great grill. Made in America! I've got the larger model (I think it was a 220) By removing the lid it will fit under the bench when travelling.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #6

Default LPG Grill

I have to agree with webslave.
I have had a Weber Q for two season and love it.
I also bought the cast iron griddle for it. Great for breakfast and other things.
I bought a T connector for one of my mounted 30 Pounders and a 25ft hose to connect to the Q. It works great.
Have a great summer

landshark27 is offline   Reply With Quote