Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #1

Unhappy Black Tank Blues

Recently purchased a 2013 Funfinder M/N 265RBSS.
Had the occasion of the Black tank over filling due to a leaking ball valve going to my black tank flush and found water pouring out from around the underbelly.
Removed some of the underbelly to reveal water coming from somewhere on top of the tank but cannot see where it is coming from.
Unfortunately the smell in the bathroom is bad and I suspect it is from a leaky opening at the top of the tank.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
I'm thinking of dropping the tank but not sure if the tank vent connection and or toilet connection will have to be sawed off.
Anyone?

Weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
APD

Exclamation

Not familiar with your model Funfinder but on our (much smaller and older) rig the toilet flange is connected directly to and is part of the black tank. If your tank is mounted under the toilet, you might remove the toilet and see if it's just the flange seal that's leaking. You may only need to replace the seal. (and clean up the mess)...

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Not familiar with your model Funfinder but on our (much smaller and older) rig the toilet flange is connected directly to and is part of the black tank. If your tank is mounted under the toilet, you might remove the toilet and see if it's just the flange seal that's leaking. You may only need to replace the seal. (and clean up the mess)...
Since the water is not on the floor in the bathroom, I'm pretty sure it is not the toilet seal.
The leak is at the opposite end of the tank on top.
Thanks for the response!
Weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
APD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
Since the water is not on the floor in the bathroom, I'm pretty sure it is not the toilet seal.
The leak is at the opposite end of the tank on top.
Thanks for the response!
If the smell is in the bathroom....it would need to enter the room from under the floor. My thought would be removing the toilet would still be the first step in removing the tank. And it would allow you to check the connection between the flange and the tank. The tops of these tanks is rarely flat so a leak could be anywhere on top. If (fingers crossed) it happened to be cracked or separated there, it could possibly be repaired/sealed maybe without removing the tank.
Nothing to lose.
It not there then it could be the vent connection to the tank. It may be cracked or never sealed/glued in the first place.
I guess I'm just hoping it's an easy fix.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote