Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #1

Default Black Tank Sewer Line Leaking

When we installed the mounting plate for our Condor in the garage area of our XT275, we noticed that the sewer line runs between the framing and the axle. We've now noticed that whenever we take the cap off to connect the sewer hose that there's always liquid that comes out. Today, while returning from a 4 day trip, we notice that the sewer line is constantly dripping right where the axle is and the whole drain assembly is loose. We'll be making an appointment with the selling dealer to get this fixed, but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It's a really BAD design!

2014 Honda Goldwing (hers)
2012 Honda CRF250 (his)
2010 BMW R1200GS (his)
2008 BMW K1200GT (ours)
The Moons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #2

NO problems here & in fact, have had very few issues.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #3

I am starting to think eagle works for fun finder !!! Lol
My pipe isn't leaking but the valve does when it is closed , I also have water sitting when I take the cap off , not a big deal for me , compared to everything else I had to fix or redo on this thing .
Old 07-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityman
I am starting to think eagle works for fun finder !!! Lol
My pipe isn't leaking but the valve does when it is closed , I also have water sitting when I take the cap off , not a big deal for me , compared to everything else I had to fix or redo on this thing .
Occasionally mine will puddle water behind the cap but I think its the gray side slow leaking on mine. Doesn't do it all the time so I live with it.

Yea I think Eagle is a undercover Cruiser employee on here. His is built way to good.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #5

Sorry Roy & Securityman but I am NOT an employee of Cruiser in any fashion ~ nor am I a 'blooger' for them.

I only relate my true experience with the XT276 I purchased from Apache Camper Center near Omaha Nebraska.

I read your sad stories and wonder why I have been so blessed
Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #6

I, too, was blessed with an almost perfect '08 210WBS. In fact, I'm trying to think of a Cruiser related problem I had with that trailer and I'm stumped. I had a couple of problems with some of the many mods I did (getting the "bugs" out of some re-engineering), but, can't think of anything on the trailer that was construction related...wait, just thought of one. We had a leaking "P" trap on the kitchen sink...! Had to tighten it up and tape it so that the vibration wouldn't shake it loose again. That's all I can think of...brought a tear to my eye when we traded the 210 in...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by webslave
I, too, was blessed with an almost perfect '08 210WBS. In fact, I'm trying to think of a Cruiser related problem I had with that trailer and I'm stumped. I had a couple of problems with some of the many mods I did (getting the "bugs" out of some re-engineering), but, can't think of anything on the trailer that was construction related...wait, just thought of one. We had a leaking "P" trap on the kitchen sink...! Had to tighten it up and tape it so that the vibration wouldn't shake it loose again. That's all I can think of...brought a tear to my eye when we traded the 210 in...
I am certain of the tens of thousands of campers Cruiser RV has produced over the years, IF .. IF all there products were problem plagued, they would no longer be in business.

There is an old saying something to the effect of ~ when someone has a problem they will tell 10 people but when they are pleased, they often tell no one. That saying holds true for ANY PRODUCT, including the weather.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my opinion on that.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
roy

Trust me when I say this if I had something good to say about the Cruiser product everyone here would know about it. Unfortunately it's the opposite. Our hauler is no shed queen it's used and used regularly to the tune of 7-10k miles a year at racetracks all over the SE. Fix or repair daily is the theme on this thing and 99% of the problems are clearly assembly/build type problems 100% from poor workmanship.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy
Trust me when I say this if I had something good to say about the Cruiser product everyone here would know about it. Unfortunately it's the opposite. Our hauler is no shed queen it's used and used regularly to the tune of 7-10k miles a year at racetracks all over the SE. Fix or repair daily is the theme on this thing and 99% of the problems are clearly assembly/build type problems 100% from poor workmanship.
Hi Roy,

I certainly do not doubt your word nor anyone else who has had difficulties.

However, when the time comes and you get a different brand toy hauler, I sincerely wish you would post any and all negative comments about it here to further educate others.

Wishing you safe travels and fewer difficulties.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #10

We just got home from a ~2400 mile trip from VA, up to WNY, into Canada, around Lake Huron, down through MI, then back home. This was after getting the sewer lines all replaced and re-ran. No more troubles there (kudos to the repair shop at the dealer).

Again - piss-poor workmanship on the manufacturer's end

2014 Honda Goldwing (hers)
2012 Honda CRF250 (his)
2010 BMW R1200GS (his)
2008 BMW K1200GT (ours)
The Moons is offline   Reply With Quote