Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #1

Default Calling Queball 110

I didnt want to hijack another thread so I started a new one

Anyone feel free to answer ,but you seem to be know the 189.

The other day I was working on my 2007 ff 189 x and
i noticed the wire to the brakes dangling down. It looked like ihad been secured by elctrical tape . Do you know how it was secured to the underside of the trailer.
Also have u had any problems with the brakes and /or wheel bearings.

As
I said my 189 is a 2007 but was made july31 2006.
the only differance is I have the 14 " wheels.
Also have you added a 12v cut off switch?

I have also had to change the thermostat,top vent and replace most of the molding whitch has fallen off

thanx for any help.
also where are u from and what kind of milage do u get out of that hemi

RWD III

RWD lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #2

Default Re: Calling Queball 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD lll
I didnt want to hijack another thread so I started a new one

Anyone feel free to answer ,but you seem to be know the 189.

The other day I was working on my 2007 ff 189 x and
i noticed the wire to the brakes dangling down. It looked like ihad been secured by elctrical tape . Do you know how it was secured to the underside of the trailer.
Also have u had any problems with the brakes and /or wheel bearings.

As
I said my 189 is a 2007 but was made july31 2006.
the only differance is I have the 14 " wheels.
Also have you added a 12v cut off switch?

I have also had to change the thermostat,top vent and replace most of the molding whitch has fallen off

thanx for any help.
also where are u from and what kind of milage do u get out of that hemi

RWD III
So you have the 14 inch wheels lucky you that means you axels are under slung making the trailer taller where mine are over slung making mine shorter something else im going to fix some day if i keep my trailer. and ways yea the brake wires LOL. you know i don't get it they say out trailers ae so well made and every thing but with all the problems i have had and some of the ways ive seen some things done on the trailer makes me wonder. any way yes i have been under my trailr alot and have noticed the brake wires were taped to he gss line under the trailer then from there their dropped down and taped to the axle. I redid mine with zip ties the tape all came loose with in the first year. as far as break or bearing problems i havent had any as soon as its spring time i always pull all my wheels and cleen out the bearings of all the old greese and pack them with new greese. Then also remember your brakes must be ajusted they wont adjust their selfs like your car does, you need to get a spanner spoon from your local auto parts store jack each wheel up one at a time and spin the wheel you should feel a slight drag if not on the back of the brake housing near the botton them will be a rubber plug pull it out and use the spanner spoon to turn the star wheel in there you will hear it click as you turn it just turn it a couple of times and spin the wheel untill you get that slight drag. and do it to each wheel. dont get carried away if you get to much drag you will have to remove the wheel and brake drum to back the brake shoe off. or else you'll just over heat the brake when your driving . Well not sure if thats the brake problems you were refering to or not of not just let me know and I'll try to answer your question better. also on the freeway with out my trailer my hemi gets 24 mpg and pulling my trailer usally 15 to 16 if i go over 65 mph i get 11 or worse. but the slower i go the better the gas milage. I use to have a v6 izusu rodeo got 7 mpg pulling my trailer. way bad.

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #3

Yeah i also have replaced all my roof vents put on one of those cyclon vents for the toilet made a big differance in the hotsumer heat. and i also pulled out the fridge and put a solar powered fan on the back of it which has helped ALOT keeping the frdge cold in the summer BIG differance. I've also installed a cheap 5.1 surround sound.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #4

Default queball

Thanx for the comeback

I know what u mean,right now on a scale of 1 to 10,I would rate the ff189
a 6. Nothing major has broken but the QC is really bad.Right now I would not get another. I will keep the one I have.I ran across a 2008 on a camping trip and it did look improved with the slideout.
I do a lot of primative camping and lately it seems the water pump gives less presure. Have you had any problems?

I have a F150 and my best milage is 12 @65
Happy Holidays if you camp in S Ariz or around Salton Sea maybe might run In to each other.
whenever I see another fun finder or clone I go talk to the them

RWDIII
Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #5

Default Re: queball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD lll
Thanx for the comeback

I know what u mean,right now on a scale of 1 to 10,I would rate the ff189
a 6. Nothing major has broken but the QC is really bad.Right now I would not get another. I will keep the one I have.I ran across a 2008 on a camping trip and it did look improved with the slideout.
I do a lot of primative camping and lately it seems the water pump gives less presure. Have you had any problems?

I have a F150 and my best milage is 12 @65
Happy Holidays if you camp in S Ariz or around Salton Sea maybe might run In to each other.
whenever I see another fun finder or clone I go talk to the them

RWDIII
LOL the water pump yeah when i first bought mine it worked great the first time out the second time it got to a point that it would run for 15 minutes or more after shutting the water off then after it would shut off it would studder i took it back to the dealer at least 7 times they would keep it for 3 weeks and then tell me it was just building up presure Im sorry but it dont take that long to build up presure well any ways after the warrany expired the water pump will never shut off now. it runs constantly for hours and hours untill i flip the switch off. Oh and on my madien voyage I got sat up at my first KOA in Idaho went down to the pool and was relaxing in the hot hot when one of the other guest there came and told me there was water pouring out the bottom of the trailer well i ran up to the trailer to see water just comming out the door and out the floor of the trailer i shut the water off opened my door and the trailer was flooded. well after moping water up with sponges i checked the city water conection to see that they didn't even tighten the clamp that held the hose on the city water conection so the water presure pushed the hose off. I fixed it and finshed my 2 week trip went straight to the dealer afterwords and all the could say was sorry so the bottom of all my cabinets that were made out of partical board are all damaged from sucking up the water out for me. I wanted a new trailer or all the damaged cabinets replaced but they didn't do crap for me. Well i called Fun finder they agreed to replace all the damaged cabinets WHAT A JOKE the dealer made them look worse then what they were. Instead of taking out the SCREWS holding them together they just ripped every thing out breaking and destroying things that weren't damaged. Well i took pictures emailed them to Fun Finder. They then had a factory rep come out and look at the work They said it was unaceptable. and had me take it to a cabinet shop to replace it well needless to say i was with out my trailer for 4 months it would have been easier to just replace the trailer with an 07 model i would have taken one with a side with no problem.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
Site Team

WOW That is just unbelievable! At least the Funfinder rep made it right, but it should never have happened in the first place.

I've only had my 2009 since October, but so far the quality seems to be pretty good. The only QC issue I have is that the gap on the bathroom door is kinda wide but it stays closed so I'm not worrying about it. Hopefully they've made improvements in response to customer complaints over the years. I've heard that the TVs in the older models were junk, but the one that came with mine is a Sansui and works really well. I think I'm going to give all the connections a once-over though just to be sure.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #7

Default Queball110

Hi LJAZ
That is one of the things I forgot to mention.
My trailer has a very large gap in the bathroom door.

on a trip to Young,to check out some buildings from the pleasnt valley war,my bathroom door flug open and the doorknob fell off.
I also had a flood,but it was from fitting on the bottom of the tank working loose.I am geeting the rig ready to go to the salton sea area.My first off road trip there was in 1961 with my grandad.He told all about the old butterfield stage and what it was like to be there whan the salton sea was being formed in 1904

Happy New Year

RWDIII
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #8

I still need to call cruiser rv and find out if they will help me with the water pump I don't dry camp to often but it would be nice for the pump to be working correctly. If i could i would just trade my trailer in and get me a bigger model or the new 189 with the huge dinnet fridge slide out. but i think id like a 210 or bigger with a slide. I really wish they would add a fireplace to the new ones too its unbelievable that the 16 footer comes with the fire place but the bigger models don't