Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #1

Default City water connection

Next question, I connected the hose to the city water connection yesterday and noticed even with the taps closed water was running slowly from them into the basin, any ideas, am I doing something wrong? once I disconnected the city sully it stopped

Thanks

kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #2

Default Re: City water connection

Could be small washer leaks, easy fixes.
Also check for water pressure being too high.
You hopefully are using an external or internal water pressure regulator.

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #3

Default oops

When I purchased this camper no one told me about a regulator, in fact the dealer gave me a really quick flyby, until I connected the city water it was ok, anyone know what sort of damage this could have done?Thanks
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #4

Default Re: City water connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneybeem
Could be small washer leaks, easy fixes.
Also check for water pressure being too high.
You hopefully are using an external or internal water pressure regulator.

I bought one of those pressure regulators and whenever I use it, there is hardly a trickle from the faucets. Maybe it was defective or ??? but a POS IMHO.

I've seen some that one can regulate the pressure but haven't opted to take another chance on a water pressure regulator.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #5

Default probably there before

I have refilled my fresh water tanks and emptied the grey and black tanks(thanks for the advice re putting two sacks of ice and then driving around, this seemed to clear the level indicator light problem I had and all is showing ok)

I think, as I have only had this camper for a week or two that the taps need new washers, as its logical that if it still leaks when closed that's the only thing it could be and perhaps the first small weekend I did not notice, at least now the water pump is pushing it up and closing . at least until it looses pressure and senses the taps are still leaking , once I turn off the water pump the water flow in the taps slowly stops,

Thanks people.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #6

Default Re: probably there before

Everything you wanted to know about Water Pressure Regulators for an RV but were afraid to ask... Some good info IMHO.
http://www.damouth.org/RVStuff/PressReg.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
I have refilled my fresh water tanks and emptied the grey and black tanks(thanks for the advice re putting two sacks of ice and then driving around, this seemed to clear the level indicator light problem I had and all is showing ok)

I think, as I have only had this camper for a week or two that the taps need new washers, as its logical that if it still leaks when closed that's the only thing it could be and perhaps the first small weekend I did not notice, at least now the water pump is pushing it up and closing . at least until it looses pressure and senses the taps are still leaking , once I turn off the water pump the water flow in the taps slowly stops,

Thanks people.
mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #7

And here with prices.

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Pr...Regulators.htm

and here:

http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-1.../dp/B003YJLAIK