Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #1

Default Cover for FF X-139

I have a FF X-139, the smallest model. Without the hitch, it is 12 feet long.

In searching online for trailer covers, the shortest seems to be 20 feet, almost double what I need.

Does anyone know where I could get a cover for a 12-foot (without hitch) FF?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Site Team

Try ADCO.

http://www.adcoprod.com

They sell custom fit covers as short as 12 ft. Camping World is one of their dealers so you can buy through them if there isn't a dealer local to you.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

I live in central FL and RV dealer where I store my FF x210 WBS has mixed opinion about covers indicating that they can trap moisture. So I have opted to park in the sun and install reflective foil window shades. What do you think?
colonel gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #4

I use a cover from ADCO that has a "breathable" roof section, but, only when the TT is laid up over the winter season. I use the same type of material on the covers for my two antique cars (well, one's an antique the other is currently a "classic). No moisture problems to date and in the winter time, it keeps puddled water from freezing in and under the edges of the sealants used on the lap joints (front edge) and along the air conditioner's foam gasket. The thawing and freezing, expansion and contraction of water has the same affect on sealants as it does on roadway surfaces...living in areas where it doesn't ever freeze would, of course, eliminate the problem, but, constant sun (UV) exposure can be just as damaging to the sealants and plastics found on many modern TT roofs...just like your tires, if you aren't going to be using it for a long period of time, IMHO, a cover can only help in making the roof components last longer and keeps the TT cleaner, minimizing the aging affects of airborne pollutants.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #5

Don, I took your advice and just bought an ADCO Tyvek top panel cover for my X210. Got the #22841 (20-22') cover for $119.99 plus $20 S/H at ADCO's closeout store (http://www.adcoprod.com/closeout-store.htm). Reg price is $309. ADCO limits their warranty on the closeout covers to only 90 days, but I added an extra 90 days using my credit card. Think ADCO is phasing out the grey covers for tan ones. Thanks for the advice.
colonel gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #6

Looks like you got a really good deal (I'm jealous ). I'm on my 3rd season with this one that I've got and I got almost 7 years out of my previous ADCO cover. For your investment, I think, if you take care of the cover (make sure it is tight and you remove or pad sharp corners), you'll more than get your money's worth in savings on wear and tear on the roof membrane and sealants.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote