Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #1

Default Curious how many folks this forum has helped with their FF

I know there have been many cases where we were stranded without AC and many other issues that this resource has been a lifesaver and heled me to get the problem solved. There are many experienced Fun Finder RV'ers here wiling to help. A list of things this forum has helped me with are, what have you been helped with or learned about your Fun Finder?
stabilizers replacement
Shore Power/AC down at campsite
Elec brakes locked up when leaving
Hot water not working
Plugged shower drain
Awning and arms replacement
Battery shutoff pushed by accident
Weight Distribution/sway bars

wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #2

Never been stranded or 'broke down' on the road but I have picked up a number of informative information posts that have aided in maintenance and/or operation of my camper.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #3

Even though I am an old-timer, I learn something new on this forum, almost every week.

I think I know the reason why it is so useful: somehow, the forum has evolved a culture of civility, unlike many other RV forums. I wonder if the moderators are responsible for this -- are nasty posts getting removed? If so, well done!

But the fact remains that even though disagreements emerge from time to time, they are discussed with mutual respect. And we have largely avoided political stuff, which is amazing in this day and age.

As a result of the generally supportive atmosphere, we are encouraged to ask questions, knowing that we won't be accused of being stupid.

Keep it up, folks!! And thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Professor Dan, I agree we have a great group of people always willing to help without the superiority complex you see on some other sites.

AFAIK I'm the only moderator this site has had and I've been in that role for quite some time. Probably 7 or 8 years. During that time I can only recall actually having to get involved in a disagreement once or twice. I've spent most of the moderation activity on either deleting spam posts or fixing a post for a user. And even the spam is now really rare. The software must have some really good spam filters. This is the easiest job in the world!
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #5

This is a good site, I learn a lot reading current and past post. Everyone I've interacted with have been very helpful and courteous. I met a member from this group who was looking for a gas grill that comes with the FF Trailers. I had one I was not using and told him he could have it. I sent it out to the east coast and he later sent me the cost of shipping.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #6

Default Forum Help

I've had questions on our FF and most of the time it's been discussed somewhere here in the forum, so yep it definitely helps folks.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #7

Default Lots of help for the FF newbie here...

We just started trailer camping last year, 2019, after tent camping for about 50 years, since we were kids.
This forum has explained many new things for us and great ideas for making good use of small space and keeping the weather outside...
Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #8

I find the posts create an excellent knowledge base. Many problems discussed on here have also improved my maintenance abilities. Being able to do your own repairs is a great money saver and personally rewarding (most of the time).
Gerald Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #9

Prof Dan, I've learned a lot about boondock camping from your experiences with the X139! From this and the LMIC blogs.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #10

Thanks! This forum is an example of "two heads are better than one," except it is more like a hundred heads (or however many active members we have). The word "synergy" comes to mind -- not exactly sure what it means, but it seems like it might be appropriate.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #11

We haven't owned a FF since 2015, but I find myself checking in regularly to get ideas and work-arounds which are applicable for most any RV. I agree the folks here are civil and very helpful. With the tips and encouragement of several on this forum, I installed solar several years ago. It has been a game changer for us when we boondock.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #12

I've gotten a lot of model specific advice here. I appreciate all of it.
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #13

I travel with my FF (Stella) my pups and my BFF . My hubby doesn’t camp. I do all my own maintenance and fix all my own problems. This group has been a blessing.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:52 AM   #14

Good morning, friends! Hope this note finds you all happy and healthy in this new year! My husband, Barry, and I just bought our fourth Fun Finder right before Christmas, and I have been a member of this forum since 2011 shortly after we bought our first one.
Over the years this site has been a wealth of information and I've received a sense of "family" with others who have like-minded camping issues and goals. Many thanks for those of you who participate--your help has been amazing over the years. And for those who "lurk" instead of participate (which is what I did for quite a while before I actually asked strangers for any help) just do it--jump on in if you have a question or need help!! We are all here for you. No judging allowed--
I've come to understand that in camping, nobody does it wrong--just different. Every camper has their own way to do it. And in true camping form--just like at an actual campground, if you need help through this site, just reach out. Someone is always there with a smile and a helping hand. That's why we all love to camp!!

casadelydia is offline   Reply With Quote