Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

Default Delamination

My Skylight is the root cause of roof rot and side wall delamination in my cruiser 195wbs ..Any condensation on theinterior of the skylight will migrate to the roof and and the plywood under it eventually to the exterior walls..Most better trailers come with a lower moisture panel to prevent..Cruisers and Finders do not..Take off the trim under the skylight(4 screws)and check for damage..Let me know...

cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #2

Default What year is your trailer?

Do you know whether the newer units are similarly built??

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #3

I don't know if others are built the same ..The cruiser floor plans are the same as fun finder...Why would they want to eliminate a money saving short cut, they aren't paying for the repairs,3k... Buyer beware spread the word...
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #4

I have the same trailer, I took of that trim and did a check, but ours seems fine, mind you we used the shower maybe 4 times, and if we do we open the roof vent, plus our climate is pretty dry.
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #5

Default Maybe not all showers are the same?

I'd still like to know what year yours was -- we had a 2003 and used the shower probably 300 times in six years, no problem -- we now have a 2012 and have used the shower 25 times or so since October of 2011. We do open the bathroom hatch after showering to let the steam out -- we keep the hatch open a quarter inch all night long, even in very cold weather, to reduce condensation inside the trailer.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #6

tried to call the factory this a.m. and couldn't get thru kept switching me to fax or no one would answer...They definately have a problem.... Or are they trying to avoid their responsibility??...
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #7

Default Keep trying the factory

Don't give up -- I have called the factory several times with technical questions, and they have been very good about taking my calls or returning them.

Whether they will give you warranty coverage for your problem is a different question -- I think it depends on the year??
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #8

The dealer where I bought the trailer does not sell them any more..And refered me to cruiser rv..I tried for 45 minutes and left a message at the front desk and with parts..Imfound out peggy is in charge of their answering service...I'll find out if they sell the lower skylight vapor barrier..More to come
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #9

They called back and I sent a bunch of pictures...
Old 07-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #10

Any warrenty service for my unit has been denied because I'm past there warranty ...I'll have to get out the wallet and pay for their shortcut.3k+..My advice is to buy a better made trailer and avoid the cheap entry level units...They have little quality control if any...