Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #1

Default Dent in front cap. Normal or hit?

The trailer has been in a storage facility for a little over a month. It was fine when we put it in and the other day we were there and noticed this dent at the top of the front cap. Is this something that happens as trailers age, or did something hit it?

Nothing is visible from inside the trailer.

Is this something that needs to be repaired?
Attached Thumbnails
TrailerDent1.jpg   TrailerDent2.jpg   TrailerDent3.jpg  

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
Site Team

It's hard to tell, but it looks like something hit it. If there's no damage to the inside it's probably not worth the expense of having it repaired.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #3

I thought it looked like a hit too. Dh disagreed. But what do we know. We've only been RVing a year.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Hammykat Send a message via Yahoo to Hammykat

Our trailer looked just like that last fall. This spring it was a real mess. Looked like that all,across the top and front. Right now we have the front all taken apart . Send me your email,and I will show you pictures of your inside . I'm reading here about people walking on roof . No way! I have a 2006 with wood frame . We found that it was leaking g around lights in front. There is no structure to hold that front up. Will send you picture later to show under that top turn . The strongest point was where the bed was against the wall. Taking the bunk out looks it would make no difference . As the board is still in wall. We will be putting our bunk back ,making it half a bed for a shelf.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #5

What year and model? We have 2008 189fbr with an aluminum frame. But our front is bubbling worse and worse as time goes on. Now my husband just said he noticed one bump when we bought it in January.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Hammykat Send a message via Yahoo to Hammykat
Default Bubble front

We have a 2007 wood frame 16ft shadow . We are thinking your leaking some place . Good place to start looking is where roof meets front side . Marker lights are a known leak and were never sealed very well we have read as complaints. We have the whole front off right now and see it has leaked right down both maker lights right to the floor. We have pulled out all insulation . We are replacing boards and and adding metal also . We looked at a 2007 18 ft and he also had leaked in the marker lights right down to the floor. He also took front off and replaced boards. All they use is layers of paper on the other side of fiberglass. It was soaked ! Think that was the sign of bubbles on outside .
Old 10-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #7

Marti, what model and year?
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #8

Default replace marker lights?

movinng my latest to start a new thread...
dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #9

Sorry, we've been out of pocket for quite a while.

It's a 2009 210X. It actually looks better now. No leaking that I can find. I think it was hit while in storage, not because it looks like that, but from the way the storage manager acted when I mentioned it. Then, when we pulled it out of storage for a long trip, she said they weren't allowed by the city to add any trailers to the facility and we wouldn't have a spot when we got back. So we found another facility for the trailer. Meanwhile, we still had a storage unit at that first place, and have noticed several new trailers parked there. So even though we'll never be able to prove they did something, that's what we think.

Right now we are living in it, inside a metal barn, while we build out the house portion. After we finish the house, we'd like to take the front off this and replace with aluminum. Then I think we'll see what really happened.