Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #1

Default Domestic 300 toilet

I have a Dometic 300 toilet, and it smells, today I looked in the back of the toilet and could water inside the body of the toilet..it looked like the bole slides into the neck of the down spout and no gasket is present...I have gaskets on order for the bass and the valve, and when they come I am going to clean it all up and see what I find..has any one had to deal with this..??

Bro Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #2

I gave up on mine and replaced it with a Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Hand Flush / High Profile / White - Thetford 31667. IMHO the OEM was junk and always smelled.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #3

The toilet on our trailer was leaking on our first run of the season. I took the thing apart and found the seal that goes between the bowl neck and the spout neck had slipped down and was not working. The top of the lower half of the toilet was splashed full. I cleaned it and replaced the seal. That took care of that problem, unfortunately the toilet still left water on the floor. I finally found the flush valve had a crack in it due to a previous owner not winterizing properly.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #4

Replaced the Domestic with a Aqua-Magic V...and the smell is gone..the Wife is Happy...
Old 11-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #5

So glad I found this thread. We bought our FF 27BH brand new in June 2018, and camped regularly until Texas State Park closures- thanks COVID. Since resuming camping in June, we’ve been overwhelmed with a rank old pee smell that surface cleaning can’t removed,. I’ve used the external spray system to flush out the black tank, but smell returns.

After reading this thread, I’m considering replacing the Dometic 300 toilet. Thoughts?
Jimrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #6

Haven't had any issues with the stool that came in my toy hauler but am considering replacing it with a 'tall' style stool. Have the 'tall' style at home and really like them. We camped in 3 states this past summer and no issues regards to "controlus-19" as everything open like usual.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:42 AM   #7

Jimrex..I found out that the Dometic 300 is in Recall...I have two friends that have replaced the Toilet and they called Dometic and got new ones for free...!!!and no smell...!!!
Old 11-30-2020, 06:10 AM   #8

Bro Dean,

I found this link to be informative, but mentioned the recall expired September 2020. I emailed Dometic anyway...

https://www.rvtravel.com/got-a-smell...e-the-problem/
Old 11-30-2020, 12:32 PM   #9

Bro Dean, yeah I found out about the recall and emailed Dometic but they are treating it as a warranty claim now, and I'm out of that period.

I tried sending a link to a RVTravel dot com article entitled "Got a smelly Dometic toilet? This could be the problem" but I don't think the post went through.

"All goes well unless the seal breaks, and the rear of the commode becomes a storage container for bodily waste. When this happens the entire commode must be replaced. The Series 300 has been replaced by Series 310 at your service center."
Old 11-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #10

Thank you Jimrex... Good info...
Old 12-27-2020, 08:21 PM   #11

Replaced it and just completed a six day trip with no issues!
Old 12-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #12

After reading this. I am going to replace the toilet. There is a Dometic 320 that is porcelain, higher, elongated bowl, and has a hand sprayer to clean it out better.

kmeindin is offline   Reply With Quote