Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #1

Default Draining B/G Tanks - 07 Fun Finder X Toy Hauler

I have 07 FFX Toy Hauler.... it appears the B/G discharge lines are located between frame members under trailer... I am unable to get down on the ground to inspect. I thought they would be sticking outward near the side/edge of trailer... Have used a port-a-potty instead of trailer toilet.
What can someone tell me about this issue.
Thanks

Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

FWIW, I've never seen an RV that you have to crawl under the trailer to access the dump pipes for the rig. They should stick out (flush with) the street side of the trailer.

My best guess is that there was some damage done to the trailer (caught the "stock" system on something) that cracked the original pipe and they just glued on a collar and capped it up past the cracked area...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #3

Default Time for a modification!

Unless there is serious damage, it should not be too hard for a mechanic to extend the outlets to the side of the trailer -- this is just PVC, pretty easy to cut and glue. It will cost some money for some new gate valves. Wild guess -- the whole project will cost a few hundred dollars.

Of course, if you do it yourself, it is much cheaper, until you have to pay a professional to fix your fix. Please don't ask me how I know this.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #4

Thanks for the response(s)...Not sure about any damage, no signs of same. The hook-up is between two frame beams that run the whole length of the TT. To bring the hook-up to the side it would require the pvc to hang lower than the frame...from where the hook-up currently is located, I think it would be more advisorable to bring it to the very rear of the unit and leave it under the rear bumper.... gonna have someone look at it and see what they think...again, thanks.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #5

Default Watch out for rear valves!

My old trailer had the valves in the far back -- and unless you have great ground clearance, you can bump the valves on a steep driveway and crack them and have to patch them and the patch might leak a little and then you have to redo the patch and install a skid bar next to the valves to protect them and even then you sort of clench your teeth every time you hit a dip or a bump.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.

So my new trailer has valves off to the side, with lots of ground clearance.

The only problem is that the valves are right behind a tire, which kicks up gravel and might bust the valves. So I hung a very beefy mud flap right behind the tire and in front of the valves to protect them from rocks.

So far, so good!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

my 2007 XT200 xtra has the drains about 1 foot from the side of the trailer.... I do have to get down on the ground to reach under there to open the valves....