Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #1

Default DVD Remote

My FunFinder did not come with a DVD remote for the built in DVD/Radio/alarm. I have tried in vain to get the dealer to order me one, without it accessing any of the DVD functions is useless. I am hoping that some one out there can tell how to get one, or even perhaps copy theirs onto a universal one for me. I would appreciate any help on this subject.

I met a couple this summer who loaned me theirs which worked with my unit, but I was unable to copy it onto my Universal remote that I had with me. So this may not be as easy as it sounds, unless someone has tried it successfully.

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #2

It's disappointing that the dealer will not order one. They won't make money on the deal so they probably don't care. I would go to the dealer and demand they give you one out of another trailer with the same radio. The other option would be to call the radio manufacture for a replacement. Ebay might also be a good source.

2008 189FBR
2007 FJ cruiser
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller
Yamaha EF2400is generator
chupp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #3

When I bought my 08 FF, it didn't come with a remote, I contacted Cruiser rv and they said they didn't have any more remotes and for me to go buy one and they would reimberse me for it. I found a universel one that kinda works , but not very well, good luck with your search, if you find one that works well, let us know.

Steve
smp139x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #4

I just went out to check my stereo. I have the Jensen AWM960. I did a quick search on the internet and found a place that sells the remotes. http://www.remotes.com/store/jensen/jensen_1.html
You can search your model number and order one. It's $58 for an origional replacement so it's not cheap, but at least you can get one. It might be worth calling the manufacture as well. Their website is www.asaelectronics.com.
Good luck with the search.

2008 189FBR
2007 FJ cruiser
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller
Yamaha EF2400is generator
chupp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #5

I just went out to my FF 139X, and the DVD/stereo has no brand or model on it. We don't have a DVD remote either. I assumed since we bought it used, the prior owner lost it. But maybe not.

Is there a common brand of DVD player in the 2006 FF 139X?
paulitzlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #6

Well after much searching I finally found someone who was willing to let me copy their remote. Unfortunatley the DVD player lasted one more day! Anyway, I replaced it with one from wallmart that has HDMI output since the new TV has HDMI. I moved the audio out cables to the input of the unit so that I could play the audio over the trailer sound system. It's a lot of wasted space now, so I am re-thinking the whole setup. I think I will take a car stereo with audio in and use it and free up all that wasted space. I am also going to look at moving the entire sound system to the other side of the trailer where the speakers are. No use having it where it is. Anyway, that's another project and I will re-visit it in the spring.

Walter