Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #1

Default Electric

I have a 2007 fun finder x , for some reason I can’t keep the main lights on or the refrigerator and slideout , I get power to everything else, when I reste the breaker the lights come on the go off with out tripping the breaker, I replaced the breaker and Sam thing, sometimes it will work but then I can’t turn the furnace fan off unless I pull the fuse . The fuse is connected to the fridge and slide out and furnace. Any suggestions would help before I bring it in
Thanks Mike

Yaquiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #2

Hi, There is a fuse holder out front at the battery. Should have a 30 amp ATC type fuse. Check that with a test light to be sure battery power is getting in. Then there is likely a battery disconnect switch in the front storage compartment. Usually mounted to the top and needs to be pulled out to be "on". Not every trailer has this. If the switch is off and/or the fuse is missing or blown, 12 volts will only be available when plugged in to shore power. Coming from the convertor/charger in the power center. As for the furnace fan, The thermostat needs to be moved all the way to the left until it clicks off. Common issue moving the lever only to stop without clicking off. You need a test light, any auto parts place or Amazon. When using, be sure the alligator clip is on a known good ground like battery negative, trailer frame or the metal box containing the power center. Good luck, James

code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaquiman View Post
I have a 2007 fun finder x , for some reason I can’t keep the main lights on or the refrigerator and slideout , I get power to everything else, when I reste the breaker the lights come on the go off with out tripping the breaker, I replaced the breaker and Sam thing, sometimes it will work but then I can’t turn the furnace fan off unless I pull the fuse . The fuse is connected to the fridge and slide out and furnace. Any suggestions would help before I bring it in
Thanks Mike
Mike,
Is your problem when plugged into AC power or when running from the battery or under both conditions? Assuming you have a WFCO Converter/Charger there is a fuse on its panel that allows the WFCO to charge the battery and distribute battery power to the circuits. As mentioned by Code there is also another fuse generally located near the battery.