Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to shadow
Default electric stabilizer jacks, maint check

testing everything out before hitting the road, noticed one of the jacks was running but not moving. Where the motor is mounted to the jack frame and runs into the screw drive there= is an Allen head set nut. the motor slips over the screw jack end and the set nut is used to clamp the motor to the shaft on a small flattened area. St screw came lose, checked other three and they were all lose. Might be an easy check before you get stuck with in the field

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
roy

It's happened on both my rear ones. Once in the down position. Complete pain in the butt at that moment. Got it up using a pair of channel lock pliers twisting the shaft. Took the entire assembly apart once home and aligned the motor correctly and its smooth as silk now. Left rear one messed up in the driveway on a pre check. Same problem the Allen key backed out. I took tge entire assembly apart but this one won't line up correctly without a slight bind at the twist nut and jack screw. It'll come loose again I'm sure. All these things have been a proble since day one. Front ones had internal wires being frayed by the twisting shaft, fixed that. Both rears continue to get water in them until I sealed them with silicone sealant. Cruiser and my dealer haven NO help. Cruiser denied any warranty replacement in the poor install they screwed up on these things. Eventually cruiser will get a better business claim from me I am just documenting as I go. They deserve nothing less than an F in customer service and build quality Or lack of.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #3

Default Replace the jacks

We were having issues with ours 'grinding to a halt' before the trailer was solidly jacked & motors sounding a bit too labored. And we were very disappointed that we had to listen to their whining while taking so long to crank down. Last year I pulled them all off to replace them. They are way under sized for the trailer, being 'tent trailer jacks' ... there is a part name/number sticker on them!

After consulting with BAL technical staff regarding our specific trailer measurements , I bought 4 BAL Model 23231 C jacks (over kill, but with the frame to ground distance, a 30" jack is really the best way to go.) I bolt/screw mounted 2 of new BALs on the front frame, and had a certified welder custom fit the jacks on the rear, integral with frame and bumper. They go down faster and are very stable. no motor, just a quick crank. My spouse can get two down before I find my electric drill with the socket to crank them! Highly recommended upgrade!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote