not do it everywhere. I noticed it and home, and it was a faulty ground in my home wiring. I fixed it and it went to nothing before I left to camp. When I got to the campground, I read 5.5 to 6 volts plugged in, not enough to hurt, but enough to show up. I don't know what it'd of been if it had rained. When I got home, I washed the awning before I cleaned the inside. Since I don't have 30 amps to run the A/C i plugged the camper in to run a box fan and checked to the wet ground, and sure enough, where there was no voltage, now there was. I really think part of the problem may be my older houses' wiring, but the line going to the camper is grounded and polarity correct.