Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bill2468
Default Elite EEDV03 not reading USB flash drive mp4

I formated a USB using FAT32 and then load some MP3 audio and MP4 video files onto it. It reads the file structure okay and will play the MP3 music. But I get a "Invalid Format" error on the MP4s and then the system reboots itself. Can anyone advise how to play videos on a USB flash drive?
Thanks-

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

Default Lug nuts

Bill, I think the answer is that you have over-torqued the lug nuts on your Fun Finder. This may void the warranty. Also, do not operate the fridge if the unit is not level -- please don't ask how I know that.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #3

Default Windows or Mac?

No, seriously. First, back up the files to another folder. Next, reformat the flash drive. Reload a few of the mp4s. If you get the same error, and if this is a Windows computer, go to My Computer, right click the Removable drive, Go to Properties >Tools. Run Error Checking and Scan for errors and fix them.

On a Mac, I don't know what to do. Macs never have any problems, so I can never find solutions online when I do encounter a problem. Unlike Windows, which has so many glitches that there are lots of forums with lots of solutions, some of which may work.

If this idea does not work, go camping. We never watch videos when camping -- the whole point is to get away from technology.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #4

Re format the mp4 files as avi files and they will play. Several free video converters on the web that will change the format for you.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #5

Default It can't play MP4 videos

I'm pretty sure the flash drive is only for audio files, not video files. I don't believe the unit isn't capable of playing videos from the flash drive, although someone else suggested converting to avi format. If that works, then I stand corrected.

Do you have the owner's manual? (That should be in quotes; it's a sparse little 12-page document that I got by asking the company for it; they emailed me a pdf.)
Kevin & Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to bill2468

The Elite website shows on the product page that it will play MP3 and MP4 files. I reformatted the flash drive to FAT32, ran the disc error software (there were none) put some short avi files and they played. On another flash drive (a twin to the first) I put on a movie converted to avi. This did not play so I'm trying to convert again with different software. Thanks and anyone with additional suggestions please jump in.
The MP3's are in several directories on my flash drive and it's cumbersome to navigate to the desired song through the Elite so I'll probably just play music through my iphone and use the blue tooth feature (it works) to play music. I wish playing MP4's was easier. Of course I can always play DVD movies and maybe that will be the solution.
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #7

Default 8GB limit

8GB is the limit for the size of the drive. By chance is yours larger than that? Sounds like the answer is "no" since you called it a twin, but just thought I'd toss that limitation out. I prepared a flash drive with all of our mp3 files, which is less than 8GB, but the drive was a 32GB SanDisk (micro SD with adapter that makes it full size SD). Thought I'd be able to play any of our music on our next camping trip, but didn't test it before we left home. Like you, I got around the problem by playing it on my Android smartphone, which fortunately had a micro SD slot, and played nicely via Bluetooth.

Kevin & Kate is offline   Reply With Quote