Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #1

Default Error E2 on Dometic A/C thermostat

I recently purchased my 210-UDS and the last two times we were attempting to pack it up for the trip, I tried turning the a/c on but received error code "E2". The fan turns on but when switched to a/c no cold air. Anyone familiar with this and know how to correct this problem? The manual lets you know what it means but fails to tell you how to fix it. Thanks

bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your E2 issue... FunFinderFirstTimer had the same issue and I was absolutely no help. I never saw a post with what the outcome of their problem was (RV service or user fix), but, maybe you could PM them for what their fix was...? I would think that it is a "safety interlock" type issue (failed thermister?), but, I've not run into that issue myself, nor any of the folks that I've had dealings with...no help at all from me

If you get a "fix" from them or an RV service center, maybe you could post the resolution here for future reference?

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #3

Ok, the first time it happened I placed the thermostat on fan. When it turned on (high) I switched it to a/c and the E2 disappeared. Now, the second time it happened, I followed the aformentioned steps but nothing happened. I decided to just lower the thermostat to a low temp. (65) and the unit eventually turned on followed by the compressor. The E2 then disappeared once the compressor kicked on. I am wondering if this may be a heat sensor issue, but everytime I attempt to contact Dometic they are closed. I have to bring my trailer in for minor cosmetic fixes and will mention this issue to them. Once they give me a better solution I will be sure to post.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #4

FYI....Today I spoke with a customer service rep at Dometic. After explaining to her my problem, she advised that the unit needed to be serviced for a bad temp. sensor and stated that was a recent problem the a/c thermostats were having. She advised that since we were going camping (like this weekend) a quick fix would be to place a fan near the thermostat to cool the sensor before attempting to turn it on. I am however, happy to report that after waiting until evening hours to turn the unit on, it turned on with ease and no sign of "E2".

"Happy Camping"
Old 07-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #5

Cool...that sounds like a super easy temporary fix and sounds like the best permanent is as easy as a thermostat swap out. Many RV folks do a thermostat upgrade as a routine "mod" anyway. The stock thermostats are none too accurate and there are many "upgrade" instructions floating around to change up to a Hunter Digital thermostat available at any Walmart for under $20

Thanks for posting a follow up "what works" on your problem. Many times folks will post a problem, but, no follow up on what the outcome of the issue was and what the "fix" was...not much help for those that follow.

I'll file that away in my "what works" fix it file!

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #6

Default Replacement thermostat required

The thermostat needs to be replaced. The E2 error code you are getting is due to a temperature sensor in the thermostat. It is not really faulty, but the sensor is calibrated to low and in hot climates will not allow the system to run. Several RV manufactures are sending out replacements that are calibrated to a much higher temp setting, Cruiser being one of them. Contact your Cruiser dealer and have it replaced.
CubFanMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:34 PM   #7

Default Dometic ac error2

Just replaced a control box a thermostat this is of course 2022 yearr of junk parts. I'm getting that E2 on this thermostat. The lady I talked said it was the box.. Any ideas???

Rich1967 is offline   Reply With Quote