Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #1

Default Fan-T-astic Ultra Breeze vent cover

I decided to put a vent cover over my Fantastic thermostatically controlled vent fan so it could be left open when away from the camper and not worry about it raining in since it does not have the rain sense option.

I tried a MaxxAir II but no way could it be mounted as there is no metal above the roof extension on the fantastic fan to install the side bolts. I returned it and ordered the Fantastic ultra Breeze cover.

And it was a breeze to install per the instructions and the YouTube Video on installation here:

Another successful modification.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #2

I put one of these on our first trailer and the install per the video was a breeze. Then I removed it and installed it on our second trailer as it was so easy to remove and install. I also like the fact that you can leave the vent open when trailering so the cabin doesn't get as hot in the sun in addition to keeping the rain out.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #3

So... Some of these apparently came from the factory with Fantastic Vent Create-A-Breeze vent fans... Ours has the Hengs Vent Fans in both spots.

I am wondering 'what gives?' on that. We I talked to the guy at Cruiser RV about how much trouble it would be to swap out the fans, he acted like they had never put them in.

Could somebody post a photo or two of what you have?

Thanks!
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSKinVA
So... Some of these apparently came from the factory with Fantastic Vent Create-A-Breeze vent fans... Ours has the Hengs Vent Fans in both spots.

I am wondering 'what gives?' on that. We I talked to the guy at Cruiser RV about how much trouble it would be to swap out the fans, he acted like they had never put them in.

Could somebody post a photo or two of what you have?

Thanks!
When I ordered my XT 276 from a dealer about 300 miles away we went thru the options list. I was told the Fantastic Vent Create A breeze vent fan, thermostatically controlled was extra but highly recommended by campers for quickly moving air in/out of the camper and they had them in their personal unit as well.

I think the cost was an extra $100 or $150 over the standard basic fan and far less expensive to order the option for the build than attempt to install one later.

The option was offered by the dealer ... I didn't notice it on the Cruiser web site & don't believe the dealer installed it after they received the unit as said it would be installed at the factory instead of the standard vent fan.

It is this one: http://www.adventurerv.net/fantastic...000-p-116.html
Old 05-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
Site Team

Mine FF came with the standard factory fan over the bed with a balky manual crank to open/close and operated at jet engine sound levels so I replaced it with Fantastic Vent that has all of the bells & whistles and we love it. You can even set it so it turns on at a given temperature. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about the rain sensor but it works amazingly well. It closes on the first drop or two.

You can buy these online from several different retailers, probably Amazon as well. I bought mine at adventureRV.net. They are pretty easy to install where the existing fan is. I'm sure there's a youtube video out ther somewhere.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #6

We had the Fantastic Vents in both of the aframe campers, both of which I upgraded to the remote control and rain sensing units (it was basically a logic board swap; the fan assembly stayed in place). Really got used to the remote/temperature controll/variable speed and the awesome airflow. Rain sensor worked great too.

I think I'm going to look at doing the one in the bathroom just to see how much of a pain it is. The main thing is I hate to monkey around with the factory roof seals...
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
Mine FF came with the standard factory fan over the bed with a balky manual crank to open/close and operated at jet engine sound levels so I replaced it with Fantastic Vent that has all of the bells & whistles and we love it. You can even set it so it turns on at a given temperature. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about the rain sensor but it works amazingly well. It closes on the first drop or two.

You can buy these online from several different retailers, probably Amazon as well. I bought mine at adventureRV.net. They are pretty easy to install where the existing fan is. I'm sure there's a youtube video out ther somewhere.
The vent fan in the 'garage portion' of the XT 276 has the crank open/close vent cover and the little noisy fan. Seldom use it and don't sleep back there so no big deal.

Really love the Fantastic fan over the front bed however.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #8

We special ordered the MaxxAir vent from the factory and they installed it. It was a $539 option. The upgraded Fantastic Fan was around $360 so I sprung for the extra bucks as I wanted the MaxxAir to begin with. The MaxxAir is remote controlled with a hand held that sits in a bracket in the bedroom. It has 10 speeds and the first 3 low speeds are very quiet (we can hardly hear it). The unit has two features not found in other fans. The fan has a built in cover for rain protection when open like others do but it retracts with the vent lid when closed so it doesn't stick up in the air like a fixed cover. It can also be powered to work like a ceiling fan with the vent lid closed if you just want to circulate the air as it is in the cabin. We like it because it does what we want it to do and gives us more control over it's functions. Also, Yoly couldn't reach the ceiling unless she stands on the bed so the remote is nice to have

Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
N&K

Send a message via AIM to N&K

Eagle, I'm glad you posted this information.

I have a similar experience with this vent cover. I also use this cover in the winter to maintain an air flow to reduce condensation. It's nice to have the cover so you can keep the vent open with or with out power. No rain comes in!