Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #1

Default Filament VS LED

OK I drug home our X250BHS and set it up in the back yard. We had the neighbors over and were looking it over. I noticed the DC fixtures were incredibly hot to the touch. I have 8 total fixtures in the unit so 16 bulbs producing this heat the AC must deal with.

I noticed that if I turned on just two fixtures the inverter fan kicks on. That would be more heat!

I am all about saving electricity and dollars over the long haul. My entire house is compact flouresent and LED when it works out.

I replaced all my bulbs with these, now on sale! I paid the $9.99.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p4984364.html

I just noticed this distributor will no longer carry them so I just ordered six backups. Another distributor can be found I am sure.

They run absolutely cold, they draw no power from the battery if you are off the grid and will save your lenses from yellowing. Help your AC unit out and give it a break too.

Oh and they are huge brighter too! Wicked brighter actually! Buy 2 and compare the difference, I promise you will convert your entire rig like I did.

I am not selling these items and have no affiliation, I just found a great product to help everyone. Its a major improvement on the cheap!

These are a bright white color temperature VS the very yellow filament bulb.

Cheers.

Outther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #2

If anyone wants I can take a picture of a side by side filament and LED in the same fixture so you can see the difference for yourself. It is a big difference.

On the inverter, I can turn on every fixture in the unit and the inverter fan does not come on as it did with just 2 fixtures with the filament bulbs.

Any questions I would be happy to field.

I also run LED's in my cars dome and you can leave the lights on over night with zero issue, no dead battery even after days.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Did you have to do any modifications to use those LED's? Does it plug into the existing bulb socket? It also appears from the link that the actual LEDs are connected to the plug by wires. Did you have to support the bulbs somehow or just let them dangle from the wires?

For sure LEDs will use a fraction of the power of standard bulbs so I'm very interested in this modification.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
Did you have to do any modifications to use those LED's? Does it plug into the existing bulb socket? It also appears from the link that the actual LEDs are connected to the plug by wires. Did you have to support the bulbs somehow or just let them dangle from the wires?

For sure LEDs will use a fraction of the power of standard bulbs so I'm very interested in this modification.
The plug on the 36 panel is the same as the actual bulb, just plug it in. The panel does need a small square of double sided to stick it to the inside of the fixture. You can hang it just loose and it will work but I think the double sided works much better.

The light output in color temperature and lumens far exceeds the stock option and with a huge heat reduction. I love mine!

I replaced my front fan with a low consumption 60CFM fan that makes only 19Db VS the incredible loud stock POS! I know it pulls way less air but if it is to loud to enjoy it will pull 0CFM as we haven't used it.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Site Team

OK that seems simple enough. You've convinced me, I'm going to try one of these out.

As for the fans. I know the stock one I have isn't very quiet & I was considering swapping it out for one of the Fantastic brand vents. Their website says that on high speed its only 40 dB with 920 scfm.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #6

Default New Source for LED replacement bulbs?

Has anyone found a new source for LED replacements for the overhead bulbs in the Fun Finder 160....The current ones run way to hot....

thanks,
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #7

With out the lenses, LED left and Incandescent 15 Watt right

With the lenses

With both LED one covered and one not. notice the blue hue is gone.

It seems the cameras CCD is not well equiped to deal with the light, the LEDs are brighter and cast more light but the stock bulb shows more fill in the 1st picture (LEDS are directional and cast more down light, this can be seen in picture one as you see a cast on the ceiling to the right). It is much different in person. Also it appears the LED is blue and the incandescent light white and that is also not correct, the LED is extremely white and the incandescent is yellow. These pictures are not a good representation. Sorry.

I went to remove the incandescent bulb only a minute after install and it was smoking hot and I could not touch it, never so with LED.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #8

Default LED replacements

OK I'm convinced .... WHERE DO I BUY THEM.....?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #9

Default LED bulb source

Still looking for a source of LED replacment bulbs for my 160...

thanks,
Old 10-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
Site Team

I bought a couple of these and tried them out this weekend.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...dge.html%23t13

I bought one of the WLED-WHP10-DAC and one of the WLED-HP6-DAC in warm white. They both have the wedge base that will plug into the socket to replace the 921 incandescent bulb. The 6 LED version was bit dimmer than the incandescent but the 10 LED one is almost indistinguishable. Not cheap at $15 each, but I figure I will start replacing them a few at time until I get rid of all the incandescents.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #11

thats a good mod, thanks for sharing!!
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #12

The vender I was buying mine from V-Leds no longer carries them, I am sure many other venders will carry them.

I replaced all 16 bulbs with LEDs.

I am glad some can make use of this mod. Well worth it, especially if you have to run off the battery.