Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

Default Filling the water tank problems

Hi! I have a 2007 Funfinder X-189 FBR trailer where i have to sometimes rock the trailer to completly fill up the water tank or until it burps is this standard or is there a kink in the line or ? any suggestions would help.

thank you

Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #2

I don't fill mine til it burps, I fill it till the monitor indicates full.

First question, is the trailer level when you fill it? If not, there's your problem.

Also when I looked at my fresh water tank, I'm pretty sure the fill & vent were on the side of the tank, and I think they were down an inch or so from the top of the tank. which would also explain it.

Hope that helps..

Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #3

Default fresh water storage tank

I recently bought a 2007 X139. The fresh water storage tank capacity is 25 gallons, black water storage is 13 gallons, and gray water storage is 13 gallons. It's really doubtful you would have to replenish your fresh water before you have to dump at least your gray water tank, so it really doesn't have to be completely full. Water is available almost anywhere you camp either by regular fill or by city water fill. If you, like most people I know, bring along your drinking water in separate containers from home and if you use your water sparingly for showers, etc. it's hard to believe you would need a completely full fresh water tank. If so, you will be making multiple trips to the dump station during a several day stay unless you have an external spare tank to use for dumping. And you are likely to last many days if you use the campground facilities for toilet, showers, etc. Most people in smaller units are "campers" with inexpensive units and have no problems using public facilities when camping. We are older and retired, so we use the toilet only for overnight needs and use the campground facility during the day. We carry our home drinking water which we use for cooking and drinking in separate containers. Doing this means we can last many days with our fresh water storage and our gray water storage. Black water storage is seldom full and dumped when we leave the campground. It's easy to monitor your water capacities and adjust your water usage as the tanks fill or are depleted. We got the "little camper" and along with that, we got the "little tanks". But, it's called camping and that's what we like and that's why we got the "little guy". And we think he's kinda cute
dmnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #4

There is a small vent line that runs from the tank to the fill port. This line was sagging in mine. If it get's water in it it will create some back pressure and can prevent the tank from filling. I secured the vent line so it always has an upward slope from the tank to fill panel and it fills a lot better.

2008 189FBR
2007 FJ cruiser
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller
Yamaha EF2400is generator
chupp21 is offline   Reply With Quote