Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #1

Default First trip and already two problems

Hi everyone,

Just came back from our inaugural trip with our 2009 189 FDS.

We encountered two problems :

- External spray port does not work ... when I turn on the taps, a little bit of water comes out from under the taps, but nothing through the coiled hose. I played around with the quick connect, but never got it to work. Seems to be something wrong with the tap assembly itself.

- Small leak from pump ... first night I noticed some water in the front compartment. Looked around the pump and noticed water dripping from the fare end of the pump casing. I was plugged on city water, so I closed the inlet valve to the pump and ran it a few seconds to empty the lines. That solved the leak, but I still have to fix the problem.

On my way back, I stopped at the dealer where I bought it and got an appointment in a few weeks. They said that they will try to pass it under the warranty (1 month).

Anyone ever have similar problems ?

matfromqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #2

I had a similar problem with my pump. There is a glass cup on the side of the pump, and it was loose. I tightened it by hand, and the problem was solved. I hope that your problem is also easy to fix!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #3

External spray ports on lots of campers are quite honestly crappy. When they work they are ok, but ours is a Pain to disconnect from the hose when done. Our solution has been to use a splitter on campground water faucet, and run a separate hose with attachment for cleaning our feet and dogs off. This basically puts the spray port as useless, but is a much better solution for us. it also will avoid any wear and tear on the fitting for the spray port and internal hoses and fittings. Just eliminated completely and got the same effect, only better since we use a water pressure regulator on the camper inlet hose.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #4

The spray port on mine has only been used when winterizing/de-winterizing so yes, it's a pain in the butt being something I have no use for.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 AM   #5

Thanks for the information.

I installed a "y" spliter on the water connection with one line going to my city water intake (with pressure regulator) and the other line being a small spiral type hose.
matfromqc is offline   Reply With Quote