Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #1

Default Fit and Finish

My wife and I just upgraded from a 189FRB to a 244RBS. The 189 had a couple of flaws that I was able to fix and we enjoyed that unit a lot. The 244RBS has disappointed me on fit and finish. So far I have adjusted the fresh water tank, took 5' of unnecessary vent hose out and shortened the fill hose so it wasn't running uphill (very difficult to fill the tank with a water can this way). Straightened the blind and the light over the sink, both VERY crooked. Raised the outlet next to the sofa because half of it was behind the arm and unusable. The lock on the front rock guard didn't latch. But last night the unit put me over the edge. The rear door sill came off as I entered. The screws holding it down were way too short! Cruiser really needs to get their QC act together! Headed out again this weekend, wish us luck. Anyone else feel the same way?

robertmg5499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your issues... I've been pleased as punch with my '08...bought new in '08. Some friends of ours were so impressed with my rig that they went out and bought a 2008 Commander to tow with and a FunFinder 244RBS, just like yours. Theirs, fortunately, has been fairly trouble free. The only problem they've had were the sink traps and drain fittings coming loose and leaking under the kitchen cabinets. Showed him how to fix it with fusible tape and they've been good to go for a few months now (he's the basestation; wife and son are bicycling across the US). We chased them down back in May and travelled along with him for a few days to get him more comfortable with towing (they are new to RVs) and to make adjustments to his hitch and P3 brake controller (neither was set up properly).

Basically, though, theirs has been fine.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #3

Hi robertmg5499
Yes I feel the same way. .I bought this unit in Febuary and still working on getting a lot warranty work done. The qualty of the workman ship is a joke. lots of little stuff and leaks as well. front jack broke. matterss were ripped the queen and the bunk. outside door shock fell off (screws were stripped) Loose wires behind cd player (My grandson could have done a better job hes 9) At least 2 leaks. They want you to check the lugnuts when you first buy it and take it home, so I did, 5 of them were stripped. The list goes on. I am hoping I can fix most of the stuff myself and after that maybe it wont be so bad. Salty
Old 06-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #4

Default FF Fit and finish

Hey robertmg-
I agree about the fit and finish problems. I don't know the TT industry well enough to understand the challenges management may have with shoddy workmanship and trying to make a profit, but we all understand that customers can change brands if dissatisfied.

None of my FF complaints have been serious enough (yet) to cause me to lose interest in Cruzer RV products. We love our little FF. Nevertheless, interior moldings coming loose has been the most common complaint. I have had to glue/nail/staple base, ceiling and edge molding in at least a dozen places. I am also unhappy with certain plastic and rubber exterior components which have yellowed. The yellowing looks especially bad against the beautiful white FF exterior. And my FF is under a cover when not in use.

Currently, we are considering upgrading to the 2011 189FBS. I really like the enhancements Cruzer has made to the FF-X line since we bought our 2007 189FD. Examples: addition of slide-out (which is newly improved over the 2010), the strengthened I-beam frame, insulated floor, angled bath vanity, one-piece fiberglass front cap, etc. These changes show me that the company is looking to improve their products.

Speaking of that, Cruzer, if you are listening, send someone to the production floor and check out the lower inside of the wheel well trim on the 2011 189FBS when the slide-out is extended. There are several very sharp, excessively-long, self-tap screws and sharp sheet metal edges exposed right at the level where children and pets could seriously cut themselves.

JB
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

Default Re: FF Fit and finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfunfinder
Hey robertmg-
I agree about the fit and finish problems. I don't know the TT industry well enough to understand the challenges management may have with shoddy workmanship and trying to make a profit, but we all understand that customers can change brands if dissatisfied.

None of my FF complaints have been serious enough (yet) to cause me to lose interest in Cruzer RV products. We love our little FF. Nevertheless, interior moldings coming loose has been the most common complaint. I have had to glue/nail/staple base, ceiling and edge molding in at least a dozen places. I am also unhappy with certain plastic and rubber exterior components which have yellowed. The yellowing looks especially bad against the beautiful white FF exterior. And my FF is under a cover when not in use.

Currently, we are considering upgrading to the 2011 189FBS. I really like the enhancements Cruzer has made to the FF-X line since we bought our 2007 189FD. Examples: addition of slide-out (which is newly improved over the 2010), the strengthened I-beam frame, insulated floor, angled bath vanity, one-piece fiberglass front cap, etc. These changes show me that the company is looking to improve their products.

Speaking of that, Cruzer, if you are listening, send someone to the production floor and check out the lower inside of the wheel well trim on the 2011 189FBS when the slide-out is extended. There are several very sharp, excessively-long, self-tap screws and sharp sheet metal edges exposed right at the level where children and pets could seriously cut themselves.
Boy-O-Boy-OBoy you got that right about the screws , Opened my Hand right up I don't know yet about my 189 FDS yet ,But the Laton I traded was a better Fit & Finish then the FunFinder
JB
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #6

jb...just a side note to your compaint about the yellowing window molding...I just found ou this weekend that little acetone will take off that yellow oxidation and make it bright white again. Granted, you may have to swipe it every couple of years, but mine sure looks white again!! Ditto for all the plastic fittings on the outside that have yellowed...

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote