Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #1

Default Found more problems :roll:

We just got home from a ~2400 mile trip from VA, up to WNY, into Canada, around Lake Huron, down through MI, then back home. So far, everything that has been fixed has worked great. Unfortunately, we found a few more problems

1. Apparently, the take-up tube for the fresh water tank doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the tank. Our level indicator showed 1/3, but all we would get out of any faucet was air. Great - may as well call it a 40gal tank instead of a 60. Plus we'll have to carry more water while on the road meaning more weight.

2. When hubby went to unload the bikes (Goldwing and R1200GS), the front center tie-down had pulled out of the floor. Luckily both bikes were also in the Condor chocks or we would have had some serious wall damage. As it is, the mirror on my Wing rubbed against the wall and now has marks on the paint. THAT TIE-DOWN WAS ONLY MOUNTED WITH WOOD-SCREW TYPE BOLTS!!! Same with the mid-center one! Seems like these people are just begging for a liability suit with this one.

We're heading to TN and the Dragon next month so that's gotta get fixed quick. Only problem is, that tie-down is right next to the fuel tank, so hubby's gonna have to do some thinking on this one.

2014 Honda Goldwing (hers)
2012 Honda CRF250 (his)
2010 BMW R1200GS (his)
2008 BMW K1200GT (ours)
The Moons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #2

I had the same problem with my tank. I rerouted the tank connection from where it was to the tank drain, which is sticking out of the undercarriage. The tanks are large and flat, and that connector is a low as it can be while being above the undercarriage cover.

axv129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #3

Cruiser RV really needs to review their fasteners and procedures. Its one of their biggest issues. You can't expect a wood screw or lag to hold a motorcycle. They love to use self tappers into wood which isn't right either. I like their products and the problems can be addressed. Its a shame to make a nice design, and the let it get a bad wrap for want of a few small adjustments on the manaufactuing floor.
axv129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
roy

My TV wall mounts are into the 1/4" wall board with self tapping wood screws. I've had to redo them since their way wouldn't hold the tv on the wall. No trouble with D ring hooks on floor of garage area but I use the Pitbull trailer restraint system 90% of the time. As for the fresh water pick up on the tank mines pretty much at the bottom corner of the tank and I don't think it could have been placed any lower. I usually try to set the camper up with a tilt to that side anyway. We usually can drain the entire tank except a gallon or three by doing this. Most of what can't be picked up is just puddled in the low spots of the tank as it rest on the frame work of trailer.

I agree their workmanship and the way they do some things makes one just shake their head at times.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #5

In my unit, the tie downs are BOLTED thru the floor. On the underside there are large washers the bolts go thru before the nut was installed. Shortly after purchasing the unit, I checked the nuts and tightened them more and then double nutted them to assure they would not work loose.

The TV wall mounts are screwed to the wall ~ thru the paneling and into a wood backer...so provide adequate mount security.

I'm damn glad they did mine differently than some others. Also, since I have not experienced any major issues I hold my selling dealer checked the unit out with a fine tooth comb before I picked it up.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:54 AM   #6

Eagle you must not have a fuel station
GMC Denali-retired
2014 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 4x4
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 AM   #7

Eagle you must not have a fuel station
GMC Denali-retired
2014 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 4x4
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #8

The XT 276 in 2012 did not have the fuel station option to the best of my knowledge.

I placed my order with the dealer who then ordered it from the factory ~ it was not a purchase from the dealers inventory.

Had the fuel station been an option, I would not have ordered it anyway.

I did want the generator option but it was not available in 2012