Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #1

Default Fresh water coming out while positioning camper--normal?

Just curious; Does anyone else have water coming out from under the camper while positioning it on the site after filling up at the filling station?
I stop filling the fresh tank as soon as the indicator shows "Full". While I'm going to my campsite as well as when I'm positioning it, I have water dribbling on the ground. It has even happened with the fresh tank only reading "2/3". There's a whit tube hanging down under the camper that I am assuming is an overflow for the tank, but I thought that the overflow was out the side of the camper above the fresh water fill inlet. Any ideas?

4500lb tow capacity using wd hitch
Equal-I-Zer 600/6000 WD hitch
pdavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #2

Which model do you have? You should put that in your profile so others can see it right away...It sounds like your fresh water tank valve is not quite closed all the way. I have a X160 and my tank is accessible by going under the dinette seat. My valve is closed properly when the valve is at 9 o'clock. Mark it when you fine tune the position.

If that's all set, then it is possible for excess water to dribble out of the filler outlet if you have overfilled a bit. Or, perhaps you have a small leak somewhere in your tank.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #3

I have a 2013 189FBS (good idea on profile info, I'll definitely do that!). I'm pretty sure the valve on the bottom is closed, but I'll check into it. The tank on this model is under the camper.
4500lb tow capacity using wd hitch
Equal-I-Zer 600/6000 WD hitch
pdavila is offline   Reply With Quote