Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #1

Default Fresh water pump

Here's a fun one for you all ! Those boys at the assembly plant were testing me....that's what it was !

I bought my new 189FDS last November, and I've camped quite a bit with it already, but I had always used the city water hookup at the camp sites I've been to. This past weekend, I was going to boondock, so I prepped to use the fresh tank and pump. Wouldn't work....no water coming in the suction side. Long story short, they had hooked the "vent" hose to the suction side of the pump, and "feed water" hose to the vent ! Swapped the hoses to correct positions and all is good now.

I've always said these campers are "some assembly required"......or "for a person who likes to tinker". So true.

Other than these little off the wall issues like that, I am having a total blast with this camper !

george

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #2

Default Tinker too

I love to trouble shoot and fix what is wrong. But its less fun after I have spent $15K+. Doesn't this manufacture have a QC department? I had to search out a wiring problem. They could not have used the motor powered corner supports at the factory nor at the dealer yet neither one cared enough to find the problem and fix it. On our first outing the refrigerator was sucking all the power from the battery (non hookup). I found this problem and fixed it to. Anyone else with the problems? I'll post the fix if it's helpful to others.
Experienced campers is offline   Reply With Quote