Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #1

Default Fridge problem

Does anyone have a bright idea on fridge repair. Last evening I went out to turn on the fridge to cool it down before we leave. I hit the on /off button and nothing...... I am still hooked up to house power so I tried to switch to battery and propane....nothing... Checked the fuse in the pannel checked the AC breaker both good. Is there an inline fuse somewhere else? We are going to pull out tommorow morning so I don't have time to run it in anywhere so if I can't come up with something it looks like good old fashion cooler camping( bummer ) I have not had time to put any meters on the board yet so this is just the early freek out phase before a big trip. Thanks for any ideas

Prodigy 3
mykidsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Checked my owners manual and it doesn't give many options for your situation other than take it in for service.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be cleaning the flue baffle and burner. You can download your specific owners manual from the Dometic website if you don't have one.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #3

Default Maybe just the plug!

That happened to me once -- I eventually opened the fridge vent access panel outside the trailer, and the plug had wiggled loose from the socket! There is a power outlet in that compartment.

I know it is a long shot, but it is worth a look. Good luck!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #4

Not sure on the electrical troubleshooting.
Propane - dumb, but make sure the propane tank is open and if you've got two tanks that you're drawing from the open one.
The refrigerator is almost last in line for propane to flow to, so make sure your stove works, the water heater and then you should get propane to the fridge - can you hear it click as it tries to ignite?
And - battery won't power the fridge. In the "auto" mode if connected to shore power it should be AC powered. When disconnected from shore power it should automatically revert/convert to gas. Or - in the "gas" mode it stays propane all the time.
Let us know what your find.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5

We've had a few problems with our Dometic RM 2050 fridge. It turned out to be the electronic control boards.
There are fuses on the main circuit board under the black plastic case on the back of the fridge. You can check wire connections and fuses there. (make sure you turn off the 120 and 12volt power at the circuit panel first).
If you do have to change a circuit board you should change both the one in the control panel and the main one at the same time.
That worked for us.

Good luck!
TBayGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #6

On the newer models there is a fuse on the back of the fridge behind the panel