Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #1

Default Front Cap Fade

Had to chime in.. Agree with webslave on my understanding of the fading
problem. Noticed our 2013 210UDS fading in early summer of 2014. It was only months out of warranty. After much research and a call to Cruiser
RV we received a small settlement. Currently having the front repainted.
Settlement will not cover entire cost but thank Cruiser for being responsive.
PS Have followed this forum for several years and have gained valuable
information and guidance on trailer care.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #2

AHenry - so glad that you were able to get this resolved. We're having the same problem. Could you please post the contact info at Cruiser RV?
happy travels

Old 06-14-2016, 06:29 AM   #3

This product is designed and used in autos, boats and RV's to severely reduce color fade and sun damage to items.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR...ace+protectant
Old 06-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #4

Many thanks Eagle - I'll order it today.
I appreciate all your posts! Enjoy your travels.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #5

And happy travels to you to oliver
Old 06-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #6

Eagle - quick question. I've read that I shouldn't put any wax on the decals or they will crack. Can I use this for the decal areas?
many thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver View Post
Eagle - quick question. I've read that I shouldn't put any wax on the decals or they will crack. Can I use this for the decal areas?
many thanks
I'm not Eagle, but I'll throw my two cents in on this. First of all, waxing, detaailing and specifically this whole idea of waxing the decals is a real hot-button subject on a lot of RV forums, so you'll get all manner of comments. So take my comments as just one of many....right, wrong or otherwise.

I wax my trailer two or three times a year. I use either turtle wax ( because it's cheap and seems to work ok ) or any one of several Meguiers products thaat I have around ( that's what I use on the trucks and cars ). I use power buffers ( I use both a DA and rotary ) to apply and remove wax on the trailer. The wax goes right over the decals. Trailer is coming up on five years old, and the decals look fine and the trailer looks basically as new.

At the resort in Arizona where I winter, a lot of the folks there have these guys come out and wash/wax/detail their RV's. Every single one of these guys I have watched, wax right over all the decals, even on high end fifth wheels and motorhomes. The most popular way that I see these guys doing this work is to apply with a DA, and polish off by hand. This seems to be the best way to get a "very thin" coat of product on the surface.

That's my two cents on it
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #8

wow gmw - thanks for the great info! This forum is so wonderful - I'm learning from the best.
happy travels
Old 06-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
many thanks
Just my opinion but I see no reason NOT to use it over the decals.

After all, the "swoosh" decals on a rv are no different than the decals on most motor vehicles which are washed/waxed over in car washes, etc. without avoiding the decals.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #10

Quote:
AHenry - so glad that you were able to get this resolved. We're having the same problem. Could you please post the contact info at Cruiser RV?
happy travels
I called the Warranty/Technical Service number Phone: 260-562-3500 at Contact Us - Cruiser RV and told them it was a FunFinder.
OceanBreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #11

Default More Front Cap Fading Issues + Other Issues including slide out

I also had to chime in here about my 2015 F242BDS. Seems like there is quite a few posts (and at least one report to the BBB) about fading on the front cap. I noticed that another poster mentioned no insulation behind the top front, which leads me to believe the heat build up has caused the area above the front closets to peel off.

I'm also concerned about the ceiling pulling away from the slide out trim. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm attaching some photos here of my issues. I'm planning on taking it back to the dealer this week to hopefully have them addressed, even though it's out of warranty. The reply back from Cruiser to the BBB says they have a "policy in place" as a good will gesture they will cover repairs to the gel coat up to 3 years after purchase. This, to me, would be the right thing to do from the manufacturer.

I'll keep everyone posted on the drama that is about to unfold.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7051.jpg   IMG_7050.jpg   IMG_7053.jpg   IMG_7088.jpg  

Bumpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote