Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #1

Default Funfinder 189FBR - 12v Switch or Shutoff

We just recently purchased our 189FBR (200.

I cannot find where the 12v power is switched on/off. The battery is brand new, the indicator light shows it fully charge, but without shore power none of the light fixtures etc. switch on. I am assuming there is a cut-off switch someplace that keeps the battery from draining over the long-haul, but I can't find it?

I know that I'll feel like a real dope when it's explained to me, but I give. I've looked and looked.

BTW: We do not have any manuals to help us.

I would appreciate any thoughts or direction. Thanks.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #2

No cut off on my 06 189....

Offspring22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
M&M

Default shut off switch

Hi,

Our 210wbs had a shut off switch the floor in the middle of the front pass through compartment. It also has a fuse near the battery. I don't know if your unit has a switch or not, but it likely has a fuse, which could be burned out or have corroded contracts. On our camper, the fuse was cut into the wire from the battery, and the spice failed.

M&M
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #4

Its 5 years older then yours but there was no cut off switch on my 2003 189fbr. Had to install one myself.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #5

Default 12v Cut-Off Switch - Funfinder 189FBR 2008

I talked to the service manager at our local RV dealership. I had them do some work for me earlier this year when we first bought the trailer. He thinks that it might be a thermocoupling (I think he said) in the frame and wiring. I got the impression it has something to do with the switch for the brakes in an emergency disconnect situation. I may have that wrong though. I am planning to bring it in to him to inspect.

At any rate, I'm not nuts. There is apparently no disconnect switch built into the unit. I can stop looking. The dealer says that the 12v power should just be available if shore power isn't used. Probably what most everyone else is experiencing as normal.

M&M's comment about the in line fuse is a distinct possibility too. The fuse on our 189FBR looks okay, but I wonder about corrosion in the receiver for it. The wiring seems to have been done after the unit was manufactured, since there is electrical tape on either end of that receiver for the fuse. I think I am going to let the dealer work it out.

Thanks to all for answering. I appreciate the help.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #6

Default '08 X-160

The cutoff switch for my 2008 X-160 was in the front curb side storage compartment - a silver plunger.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #7

Default Fun Finder 18fbr battery disconnect switch

The battery disconnect switch on a 2011 is on the right side of the pass through compartment, inside towards the back. Pushing in will disconnect battery, out reconnects.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #8

Pat,

On my 2008 FBS the switch was located right in the middle of the storage pass though on the floor in the front of the trailer. It was a plunger style switch installed in a plastic cover where all the wires went through the floor and up to the battery.

I had a post earlier discussing this terrible location here: http://www.funfinderclub.com/phpBB2/...756&highlight=.

If you look at the pictures in the post, you can see where extended the switch to a small box above the compartment door. The switch was killing me! Whenever I put stuff in it would cut power and any time I needed to turn it off, I had to pull stuff out and crawl in to disengage it. It is a very poor design to say the least.

Take a look - hopefully you will find it there!

Good luck!

Ed

Ed Venture is offline   Reply With Quote