Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #1

Default Funfinder 21rb Table Leg Relocation

I have a Funfinder 21rb with a dinette in the slide. It has a removable table that comes out and converts into an additional sleeping area. It is a long table that has two supports on it. The problem is they positioned the two legs within about 7 inches from the side seats. As a result, you have to twist your feet to get into the dinette (unless you have a size 5 shoe or less). I want to move those two legs closer together to give about 16 inches of clearance to the side seats. I do not think this will have a major effect on the stability of the table. Here is my question: The table legs holders on the floor are the round ones that have about 5 square head socket screws that go into the floor of the slide. I want to know if they are only screws into a plywood base or are they fastened into the slide with some sort of nut and bolt. I don't want to mess up the slide. Would appreciate any advice from larger footed campers (or regular campers) who have attempted this type of modification. Thanks

Beachnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 AM   #2

My FF 210UDS had the same thing, I hated it. I removed both bottom cones for the tube supports, 6 wood screws into the plywood floor for each support, no issues and no marks in the carpet. I then made a removable table with folding legs to allow the use of the bed and the table can now be moved outside and used there. Silverado

Old 05-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
My FF 210UDS had the same thing, I hated it. I removed both bottom cones for the tube supports, 6 wood screws into the plywood floor for each support, no issues and no marks in the carpet. I then made a removable table with folding legs to allow the use of the bed and the table can now be moved outside and used there. Silverado
Thanks Silverado for the info. I relocated the tube supports very quickly and am now a happy camper.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
A quick update about my dinette table I modified to have removable legs to allow use for the bed frame. I was not satisfied with the stability of the table when parked and using it. I removed the folding legs and found two wood storage boxes and screwed the table top to it and the plywood bench base. Now I have more storage under the table and we are able to use the table without moving it and it opens up more floor space. If anyone is interested i can post pictures of the modifications. Silverado
Old 06-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #5

I would like to see a pic of that Silverado!
Old 06-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #6

Me too.Same issue
ON-getaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #7

Okay, here you go, we like this setup so much more than the pedestals or the first mod with removable folding legs.It was simple project being able to use the original table top I just cut a piece of 1/4" plywood for the base to allow the original bench plywood to be used when making up the dinette into the bed. Also having storage with the table or bed is a must. Silverado
Attached Thumbnails
2017-06-17 17.26.27.jpg   2017-06-17 17.21.32.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #8

I've found the dinette very uncomfortable place to sit for any length of time...other than to eat.

I've thought of tearing the whole thing out, putting in a credenza (for storage) and have room for acouple of comfortable chairs to sit on.

We have no need for the 'extra' sleeping area as just the two of us usually other than a few times have had guest that used the bed in the garage area.

But ..... have no idea where to find a 'cherry wood' credenza that would fit in the space with a 'factory' install look.