Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #1

Default Funfinder 276 happi jack bed not moving

Happi jack bed won't move on funfinder 2012 276.

My son lowered the bottom bed into a chair that got wedged in to the wall. I was able to remove the chair by disconnecting the bed from the happi jack frame.

Since then however, the bed will not move up or down.

Is there a fuse somewhere I cant find? I have looked over the system and see nothing caught in the chain.

Have unplugged everything around the motor and have not found any issues.

I also tried to raise the bed manually but the amount of force needed to move it did not appear to make sense. I did have the brake off and the motor unhooked.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Str8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #2

I had a similar situation in my XT276 where it would not move. I checked everything and still no go.
The problem was the hook end of a bungee cord was lodged inside the chain track. I would have thought the motor would have had enough power to move the bed but it didn't.
Suggest you look really close so see if anything is lodged inside the chain U channel tack that binds against the chain ... maybe a piece of the chair that was crushed...and even a small piece will 'lock up' the lift system.
Good luck.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #3

Default Have a couple of times

I have looked at the track a couple of different times shining a light in it. I dont see anything. I will probably have one more look but I dont think that is my issue.

The chair wasnt something that could break apart and showed no signs of damage. It was just standing up leaning against the wall so it stopped the bed and was wedged underneath the metal piece that attaches to the bed.

Thanks for the feedback. I will check it one more time.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #4

Do you have power at the wall switch to the motors?

I pulled the rocker switch out of the wall and made sure there was power there when activated to power the motors.

If no power, check the fuse panel behind the plastic grill at floor level in the kitchen near the frig.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #5

Default Power

I am not getting anything on my voltmeter at the switch but not sure I am checking that correctly. Novice at that.

My question though is what breakers are you referring to under the fridge. The only breakers I have seen are behind the slide under the TV attachment.

I flipped all of those on and off when it first happened. No luck.

Is there another breaker box somewhere? All I see is the furnace under the fridge.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #6

First ... you do have a 2012 Fun Fincer XT-276 Toy Hauler correct?
If so, it looks exactly like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Funfin...V/114103849996
NEXT to the furnace under the frig and at floor level below the 2 burner range is a dark plastic grill.
Remove the grill and behind it are fuses for the electric in the camper. They are blade fuses ... same as used in automobiles. One of them may have blown and need to be replaced to restore power.
BTW ... I used a simple 12 volt tester with a probe and clip for a ground to check power to a wire.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #7

Default Camper

Yes. That is the exact model and camper I have.

I have blade fuses under the TV mount below the radio.

I see no fuses by the fridge. I unscrewed the wood cover under the fridge. The only thing there is the furnace.

I looked under the burners (using bottom fake drawer front) and see the vent coming from the furnace under the fridge and that is all.

I see no fuses under the burners unless they are way up top where I cant see them easily.

I now see what you are talking about in the picture. My fuses are not located there. Mine are under the TV mount

I visually checked them and didnt see any issues. I didnt test them yet though. I will do that next.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #8

I'm surprised the factory changed the locations of electrical components in the same model of the same year unit Who would have thought? so glad the picture of the unit helped clear that up.

Unlike yours, all the blade buses are behind the grill near the floor below the kitchen range. Also, have no 'electrical breakers' in my unit that I have ever found and certainly none below the TV/radio area.

Regardless, if no power to the switch to move the bed up/down there will be no power to the motors. I can only suggest attempt to trace the wires from the switch back to a fuse or breaker panel.

Unless, someone else has a suggestion.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:25 PM   #9

You mentioned visually checking the fuses. If these are the type with a colored plastic cover, it can be really hard to see a bad fuse unless you actually pull each fuse and hold it up to a really bright light. A fuse puller works a lot better than a needle nose pliers. The pliers can break an unbroken fuse. Please don't ask how I know this.

And it is possible, I think, that the motor straining against the chair could have overloaded the circuit, popping a fuse.

Hang in there -- I hope this gets solved soon!!
Old 02-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #10

Default Thanks

Appreciate all the help.

I am going to use the voltmeter to test all the fuses this weekend. Hoping that is the issue and I can find it.

I do have power at the light switch right above the bed control though which makes me think that isn't the issue as I would think they would be on the same fuse.

I'm a novice at this stuff though so I learn something new all the time.

BTW I did get another outside TV bracket installed and used it for tailgating multiple times last year. Worked great. The bed not going up made life more difficult though .
Old 02-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #11

The motor and the lights could be on separate fuses -- it would not be surprising if the motor had its own fuse. At peak load, there is a lot of torque, and hence a pretty big spike in the current draw.

You probably already know this, but there might be an in-line fuse in addition to the one at the panel -- I know that my winch has that arrangement.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #12

Default In line fuse

If there is an in line fuse that is really stupid as it would have to be in the wall.

I am hoping that is not the case.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #13

The lights and the bed motors are NOT on the same fuse or line in my unit.

The lights worked just fine but the bed wouldn't at the time I had an issue.

The ONLY in line fuse I've found is near the battery box on the tongue. When it blows, nothing works. Mine blew once when running the tongue jack and had to really look to find it.

Keep us posted on how you come out this weekend.
Old 02-29-2020, 05:22 PM   #14

Default Ugh.

So I checked the fuses. There was a 15 amp fuse blown that I replaced but that didn't solve my problem.

Checked the power at the relay module and am not getting anything.

I have power at the electric Jack's at the back of the camper and the light at the back of the camper. The cord runs behind the carpeted frame on the back door straight down. Unless there is an inline fuse there... I am not seeing a solution.

I also flipped the breakers I have next to the fuses. That didn't solve the issue either. Took the plastic cover off the fuse box to look at the wiring. I don't see any problems there.

BTW nothing in the fuse box was labeled bed or anything similar. There is one fuse not labeled but I checked that as well. Not the issue.

I had thought my issue was going to be the relay or motor. Need to connect a 12 volt source to the motor to see if it runs but not sure how to do that.

I realize if I have no power I need to fix that first. Just not understanding why I am not reading anything for power.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #15

If you don't have power at the control rocker switch on the wall, you will not have power to the motors. BTW - be sure you have a good house battery in the trailer that is at full charge .. 12 volts.

Yes, checking to see if the electric bedlift motors function is a good idea....but if no power detected in the wires that connect to the motors there is an issue elsewhere.

Simply tap into the electric motor wires near where the feed power tot he motor from another 12 volt battery source...one positive and one negative.

Check the 2nd post in this thread .. troubleshooting guide.
https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Raise-or-Lower

HappiJack Tech support: 1-800-231-7440

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #16

Check that 15 amp fuse again, just to make sure it is not being blown when you hit the switch. If so, there is a problem more than just the fuse.
H2814D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #17

Default No power at bed

This is out of left field, but try your electrical fault outlet may need resetting. It's the outlet with a reset button. Just a thought.
rogertrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:12 PM   #18

Haven't heard anything since 2-29-20.

Were you able to find a solution?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:37 PM   #19

It's working. Not sure why.

Had contacted a local guy to look at it. He is a mechanic who owns a toyhauler with same happi jac.

So I go home to prepare for him to come over. I had the happi jack unhooked from the 12 volt as I thought that was the issue.

Removed the two beds to make it easier for someone to access the back of the area. On a whim plugged my power back in and tried the button. And it worked. Why.... I have no idea.

So I put the beds back on and send it up and down only partially. It goes up and goes down.

Drill the pnc back into the ceiling. Hit the button to send the bed up. It goes all the way up.

Do one more check and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Released the brake and let the beds down again. Thought the issue might be the limiter then. Took the pnc module down again. Pushed on the limiter switch. Felt like it might have been loose.

Tried the switch and it worked. Yes!!!!!! Now I hope it stays working.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #20

Well, sounds like it was a loose connection.
Glad you are good to go now.