Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #1

Default Furnace trouble

Bought new 266KIRB this spring. Tried to get the furnace to run but it kept shutting down. Fan would work but shut down after short time. Took it back to dealer to be told that the furnace was not engineered properly for this unit. Not enough airflow so it created to much back pressure and shuts down. Feel like we are being told a story as we have had nothing but trouble. Check out my thread on introduce yourself. Middle of July and still cant use it. Looking for suggestions or opinions. Appreciate it.

B.Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #2

If its under a year old you should get a new furnice.
If other ones they sold work a replacement furnice should fix the problem.
whats with your dealer ?

2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #3

Does sound like the dealer failed to properly prepare the trailer prior to sale. And sounds like a sad blame game to say the furnace isn't properly engineered for the unit. Maybe the air intake vent is blocked?
I suggest contacting Cruiser RV and letting them know the dealer isn't supporting you.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421
Does sound like the dealer failed to properly prepare the trailer prior to sale. And sounds like a sad blame game to say the furnace isn't properly engineered for the unit. Maybe the air intake vent is blocked?
I suggest contacting Cruiser RV and letting them know the dealer isn't supporting you.
Agree 100%. Sounds like the dealer is just making excuses. What the heck does not 'not engineered properly' mean. Tell the dealer that's his problem not yours, this is under warranty, he needs to make it right.

I'd also contact the furnace manufacturer (probably Atwood or Suburban) and see what their take is.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #5

Thanks for your help. The trailer is brand new. Cruiser RV has agreed to upgrade the furnace to a bigger one. My concern is if the furnace is not engineered properly then there should be more trailers with the same problem. I can't see ours is the only one. It has sat at the Dealership for a month now. Another week to 10 days to have the new furnace shipped up to Canada. It will be August before we will be able to use it. That sucks as we bought it in February really looking forward to it. Our grandkids think it sucks as well. I think as a gesture of good will Cruiser RV should put an awning on our slide. We were going to have one put on this fall but we will see what happens if and when we get to test this unit out.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #6

Agree that maybe the dealer should offer you something.
But my take on slide awnings is that they're not worth it (even if free). Look at a few that are a year or two old. They really start to sag and age rapidly. The sales pitch to me was that they keep leaves and debris off the slide top. But that's really easy to brush off by carrying a collapsible ladder. And when it's windy, the awning really takes a beating, noisy and can't be stowed. And since they come out every time you extend the slide, they sag due to rain and must be rolled up wet. Wet leaves on the awning just roll up in the awning.
But that's only my opinion.
I think the dealer should offer you a gift certificate for trailer/camping merchandise.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #7

Thanks Runner 421. That is why these forums are so helpful. At least on here you get honest answers to your questions.

Factory tow pkg.
Factory brake controller
Feline Ginger