Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

Default gray water tank reads full even when empty

After empting the gray water tank it still registers a 2/3 or full reading. It just started doing this and its because of the float system. Is there any thing that can remedy this other than lowering the tank and repairing the float?

regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

What model do you have?

There is no "float" in my grey or black water tanks. On the exterior of the tanks there are wires that run to sensors ~ all you see on the exterior is a screw the wire is fastened with. I check the tightness of the screws every spring after winter storage. You may just have a loose connection.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #3

Default sensors

I was told that the water used causes issues as well. Maybe Spring, city or even well. Not sure how true that would be however I have the same issues have not been able to solve it yet. So I will be watching this one closely.

Thanks
PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #4

Default The sensors are terrible

I am told that almost every RVer has trouble with those sensors -- it is not just Cruiser. Mine don't work, except on my fresh water tank. And it is a hassle to fix them. I just keep track of consumption. My gray tank lasts three days. My black tank lasts more than a week.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #5

I agree with Dan. Everyone complains about their dummy meter for the water tanks. I did notice that on the 230DS the lead wires are exposed under the trailer. By that I mean the wire is striped and wrapped around a screw which goes to the side of the tank.

I wonder if that has something to do with the false readings?
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote