Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
roy

Default Help!! First weekend in the 276 and a big problem

Power cord that came with hauler is a piece of junk!! Loose, ill fitting and it began to melt, I caught it in time luckily. Took it apart and the prongs just are not up to the job for a good solid contact which caused one prong to completely melt. I need a new good quality cord. Our first night in this $25k abomination is without power!!! Luckily where we are its cooled off at night. I rigged the cord so it has contact but I'm not running air or micro simply lights no heat build up my connection is fair but I don't trust it. I'm in mountains of north carolina not much in the camper shopping stores here. Found one on the net in Murphy so in the am I'm headed there on my motorcycle in search of that elusive screw on power cord a good quality one. My dealer will be called tomorrow as well and he can pay for it!! I'll get this back on warranty because this is BS!! First use not a good start.

Is that cord a one off or shelf item one can get?

Thanks

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #2

Should be. I saw one at lowes about $70 bucks.

tractng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #3
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng
Should be. I saw one at lowes about $70 bucks.
Thanks I'll try there.

WERA Expert #826
Old 05-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #4

Here is a 50' 30 amp RV cord for $51.99 but you have to order it on the net at:

http://www.adventurerv.net/amp-exten...rd-p-7105.html

I looked mine over real close and it seems fine. I've had it plugged in acouple times and no problems.

Hope you make out OK.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
roy

Update. Local lowes did not have a cable. Ricks RV parts in Murphy NC had the receptacle end for $50 but let me have it for $35 cash price. Super nice guy. Hooked it up and we got power!! Called dealer and voiced my displeasure and he said he would reimburse me. Thinking of up grading the wall plug portion as it seems cheap made compared to my good cord end now. Anyway been checking the plug for heat build up all good so far. 6 more days here so we got to make it work.

Camp NC

WERA Expert #826
Old 05-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #6

Glad you are fixed up for now.

Enjoy your time and best wished for no other unpleasant instances.

I was going to pull my XT276 to a nearby state park for the weekend but when checked site availability mid last week, discovered all the RV sites had been reserved.

As I checked more into June/July/August, it was discovered nearly every weekend is booked full already.

Being new to the RV thing, I didn't realize the RV sites in state parks were or could be reserved months in advance. A huge change from finding a tent site like in the past.