Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #1

Default Hot water bypass valve

I have a finfinder215wsk and was wondering where the hot water bypass valve is located? The manual is not informative at all. We had our unit delivered to us so we did not get the 1 hour walk through that most people get. Also if anyone's knows if there is a more informative manual or video for this unit please share!

Thanks!

Happy Camping

Diane

Dgranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #2

If your 215 wsk has a two door storage cabinent in the kitchen with a blank panel on the bottom. Remove the 4 screws and the panel. The valves are located behind the water heater.

equalizer
P2
jerkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #3

What I recommend is remove all panels that have the screws in them, under both sinks, and the small one under the shower. This way you can understand were all of the plumbing is located, also were your controller for the slide out is. Mine is under the bathroom sink. Then connect the water to the trailer. check all water lines and drains for leaks.
The manual that comes with the trailer is just a general information that is for all there models. There should have been separate information on the stove, refer, micro wave , water heater and radio with the remote.
The information on the Lippert which is the slider, awning, front power jack, and the axels and brakes can be found on there web page and down loaded. The information on the thermostate and the AC can be found on Dometic web page. Hope this helps some.
equalizer
P2
Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #4

We don't have the exact model but ours is located under a cabinet with four screws holding the access panel in place. The key is to locate where the water heater is positioned on the inside. The bypass valves are close.

By the way, I de-winterized my TT this year and found that the valve at the HOT portion of my waterheater has malfunctioned and won't allow any water to exit my waterheater. Hard to believe that valave on a 2011 model that only get used a couple of times a year have went bad!
clarkgriswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #5

On the hot water side, there are two valves, the ball valve, and a check valve. Same for the cold water side.
When I first connected my cold water to the trailer, I had no water pressure regulator hooked up, and the pressure broke the check valve on the hot water side. In the check valve there is the back check stem and a small spring, with a small plastic retainer to hold the spring in place. Well this small retainer came off, and would not let the valve open (or close, cannot remember) What I did is slip the retainer back on, and used a soldiering iron and melted the end of the stem to make a small mushroom on the end to keep this from slipping off. Did this to both check valves. Jerry
equalizer
P2
Old 04-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #6

Only one valve in my TT on each 'leg' of the bypass.... 1 on cold side, 1 on hot side, and 1 in bypass line. All appear are ball valves.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold
Only one valve in my TT on each 'leg' of the bypass.... 1 on cold side, 1 on hot side, and 1 in bypass line. All appear are ball valves.
Let me correct my statement. ....there are acutally four valves - hot, cold, bypass ball valves and one check valve on the COLD side of the water heater.

Also, let me give a word of advice.... DON'T USE BLUE HAWK COMPRESSION FITTINGS WITH PEX UNLESS YOU ARE ONLY USING THEM IN A FEW LOCATIONS!!!! I tried to replace all my ball valves and water line (including bypass) at the water heater with those fittings and leaked, leaked, leaked! I didn't have a lot of room to work so I didn't want to use the crimp fittings. I ended up removing all my ball ball valves to minimize the fittings and all seems good now. ...of course I'll have to blow out the lines this fall.